The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Bangala is an absolute cert to go out on loan, manager only played him when he had nothing else, I think we will have to offer him to someone as no one will ask for him so there’s no savings there unless he goes back to a team in France. JLM is clearly showing he doesent want to be here in games first touch is backwards and spends most time running away from the ball.

Rashford and McKenzie always put the effort in but are only junior level for me, Young I’ve seen nothing to convince me he is gonna make a career in football, like the other two puts effort in.

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Bangala is an absolute cert to go out on loan, manager only played him when he had nothing else, I think we will have to offer him to someone as no one will ask for him so there’s no savings there unless he goes back to a team in France. JLM is clearly showing he doesent want to be here in games first touch is backwards and spends most time running away from the ball.

Rashford and McKenzie always put the effort in but are only junior level for me, Young I’ve seen nothing to convince me he is gonna make a career in football, like the other two puts effort in.

Aye rashfords shite hope he goes back to Manchester. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Getting rid of those three means we wouldn’t have to necessarily replace them like for like. Mikey Hewitt plays the same positions as Bangala but offers more in midfield. I don’t think we need four wingers either so if O’Connor leaves we could put it to better use elsewhere. 

Yeah they'd be the ideal departures for that reason IMO.  I'd keep O'Connor over others but if there is any interest in him I'd not exactly fend it off. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I agree, but we aren't playing him anywhere near enough and I think he needs games in a position that suits him rather than getting shunted about

100%

He is solely a striker.  Just because he works hard doesn't make him a winger.  

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah they'd be the ideal departures for that reason IMO.  I'd keep O'Connor over others but if there is any interest in him I'd not exactly fend it off. 

Yes, this pretty much sums it up for me also.

Daire probably deserves to start and when starting to play regularly at the beginning of the season you could see him growing in confidence and looking much better, however when the chance to sign both Mullin and Chalmers appeared then you can understand why the Manager went for it and you can see why he's been playing second fiddle to both of them.

Keeping him and getting him back fully fit and firing would be an excellent addition to our squad, however if we could use his wage (and any payment from Glentoran) to bring in a CM playmaker or second striker then that would potentially be a great bit of business.

O’Conner reminds me of Bradley, When he plays he offers something but he doesn’t fit in to the way the team normally plays so appearances are limited.

With the performances in the Partick and Dundee games, we needed something different to create opportunities or spark some life in to the team and JML did the opposite. I’d keep O’Conner but I understand why he’d want away and like Bradley, there is no point in keeping him if we don’t play him enough. 

50 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

O’Conner reminds me of Bradley, When he plays he offers something but he doesn’t fit in to the way the team normally plays so appearances are limited.

With the performances in the Partick and Dundee games, we needed something different to create opportunities or spark some life in to the team and JML did the opposite. I’d keep O’Conner but I understand why he’d want away and like Bradley, there is no point in keeping him if we don’t play him enough. 

There's no doubt that Mullin and Chalmers have been excellent signings and that Dipo quickly developed into "Super Dipo", however, strange as this may sound, I actually thought that some of our best all round team performances came at the beginning of the season prior to the signing of the 2 wingers and the elevation to hero status of Dipo.

Cove away springs to mind as a game where we had complete control for almost the entire match followed by an excellent home display against Dundee and a very competent and professional performance up at Cappielow.

The striking thing about these games was that the fullbacks were pretty good, so maybe having Daire and Sam Ashford gave us more control and created a whole different team dynamic which while not creating quite as much did give far more protection to Houston and Reading ??

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that while easy on the eye and very good individually, both Chalmers and Mullin haven't entirely carried the team along with Dipo, despite what some may think.

That said, I'm still very glad that we have them...

5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Maybe we can keep him here and send Somerset Boab to Zambia in some sort of swap deal?

I can only imagine some piss take song from Somerset Boab, something like Shakira's Africa and on the basis it rhymes with Zambia 🙄

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I can only imagine some piss take song from Somerset Boab, something like Shakira's Africa and on the basis it rhymes with Zambia 🙄

The pressure's on, Bully doesny feel it

Ayrs got it all, believe it

When you fall get up, oh, oh

And if you fall get up, eh, eh

Get him over tae Somerset '

Wee Charles fae Africa

Can hear that right noo