The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

There's so many we could mention, I think we can come up with a full XI plus five subs. 

I came up with multiple XIs when we've had this discussion before.

The joys of being an Ayr United fan in the mid-noughties. Plenty of candidates.

52 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Or compare where the club was re quality of players, full or PT ,technical back, medical back up ect 

If we posted that both were worse than Ashford outside of an Ayr United thread we'd be laughed out of town 

No one is saying that he is good enough, but Ashford has been far better than either Beattie or Kyle were for us. 

Kyle’s career was basically a couple of purple patches at Killie and Hearts. Barring that he goes down as one of Scotland’s worst ever and that is about it. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, No_Problemo said:

No one is saying that he is good enough, but Ashford has been far better than either Beattie or Kyle were from us. 

Kyle’s career was basically a couple of purple patches at Killie and Hearts. Barring that he goes down as one of Scotland’s worst ever and that is about it. 

It’s all just degrees of dreadful.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

No one is saying that he is good enough, but Ashford has been far better than either Beattie or Kyle were from us. 

Sorry but that's nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Ashford is completely hopeless. How is this an argument?  Have we run out of real things to argue about?

Because he's a nice guy and runs about a lot, honestly if outsiders read these posts they'd pish themselves laughing 

3 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Because he's a nice guy and runs about a lot, honestly if outsiders read these posts they'd pish themselves laughing 

Well, that’s one thing he can do that neither Kyle or Beattie could. And they couldn’t do anything else either so glad we have cleared that all up!

I think they’d be laughing at the guy trying to suggest that if we were full time when Kevin Kyle and Craig Beattie were with us then they’d have been better. 

Another belter from the resident moron. 

Ashford came in a a striker and to be fair hit the ground running with a great debut at Hamilton but unfortunately it's been downhill from there, he's not a striker and will never have the finishing ability to be one, he's not a winger as bullen likes to play him as,  because he's not creative enough and does not provide assists, the one thing he is good at is keeping the opposition full back busy by harassing him, but there is very little end product,  I actually think him and McKenzie do the same job do we need both of them in the squad?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah he did. I can't remember who against, but he definitely did.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Beattie was pretty decent, just wrecked by injury by the time he came to us.  Am I nuts or did he play a game at centre back for us?

I’m sure he played twenty minutes and then pulled his hamstring. 

Im sure most people will tell you that Beattie was always technically horrible as a footballer but made a career out of his pace - once that disappeared he plummeted down the leagues. 

Kyle had a career ending injury and played for two years after it ended, one of them for us

Craig Beattie peaked at 25 and plummeted through the leagues for the next 5 years, Ayr wasn't the lowest that he fell

Both had just turned part time when signing for Ayr. 

Ashford should be in his prime at the age of 27. He's probably not even in the top 100 Ayr players of all time. 

He's not been good, but.......

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think they’d be laughing at the guy trying to suggest that if we were full time when Kevin Kyle and Craig Beattie were with us then they’d have been better. 

Another belter from the resident moron. 

Never suggested that at all, thanks for the name calling, your very brave 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Ashford came in a a striker and to be fair hit the ground running with a great debut at Hamilton but unfortunately it's been downhill from there, he's not a striker and will never have the finishing ability to be one, he's not a winger as bullen likes to play him as,  because he's not creative enough and does not provide assists, the one thing he is good at is keeping the opposition full back busy by harassing him, but there is very little end product,  I actually think him and McKenzie do the same job do we need both of them in the squad?

He is a nuisance but there is normally a third of the pitch between the forward line and the rest of the team so if he does win the ball, he has a lot of work to do to keep it before he can pass. The way we play really doesn't suit a lot of our squad which is weird because a lot of them were signed in the last two years. 

He still doesn't do enough of the basics though.