The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

The Alex Williams derby goal is up there as well.

He scored two belters away to Raith in the same game as well if I remember correctly. We had Prunty, Williams & Roberts at once stage. A wealth of riches up front for that level!

Just now, Trogdor said:

He scored two belters away to Raith in the same game as well if I remember correctly. We had Prunty, Williams & Roberts at once stage. A wealth of riches up front for that level!

Yes I remember them. I think he also scored a belter against Ross County too.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Haha, I know - I was being a little facetious. 

I know you were.

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

As for away games one I remember and was photographed by Sargent was the last minute by goal by Vareille up at Kircaldy forget which season but I was only 5/6 at the time 

Thanks for making me feel old.

28 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I did like him too. He was my favourite Ayr player back in 2006.

Big Varielle always for me looked like he just had a wee “something” missing in his game that stopped him being a really top player. I loved him for Kilmarnock too but he just needed a wee bit of a better touch or a wee bit of better finishing or…….just something that stopped him being amazing.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Big Varielle always for me looked like he just had a wee “something” missing in his game that stopped him being a really top player. I loved him for Kilmarnock too but he just needed a wee bit of a better touch or a wee bit of better finishing or…….just something that stopped him being amazing.

Did he not get a really bad injury at the start of his time at Killie?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Did he not get a really bad injury at the start of his time at Killie?

He got off to a great start with us and then dislocated his shoulder at Ibrox around Christmas time. I can’t remember the exact timeline but he was out for a lot longer than what you would expect.

Maybe he broke his collarbone actually I’m not 100% sure.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

He got off to a great start with us and then dislocated his shoulder at Ibrox around Christmas time. I can’t remember the exact timeline but he was out for a lot longer than what you would expect.

Maybe he broke his collarbone actually I’m not 100% sure.

One of my friends is a Kilmarnock fan and said Vareille looked a brilliant player when he signed but was never the same after an injury.

He did lack something as you said. However, he added a bit of flair and class to a team sadly lacking in those attributes. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kevin Kyle was an absolute wage thief and I don’t think he gets enough stick for his stint at the club. An absolute moron who thought he was way above playing for little old Ayr. Was a terrible influence on the dressing room and it pisses me off that the fat b*****d and his wee scrote of a pal Slane are able to sit on their podcast and laugh about all the shite during their spells at Ayr whilst we the fans had to endure it.

Aye absolutely this. Really pissed me off when people I knew (almost exclusively Old Firm fans) kept telling me how funny Kyle and Slane were on their podcast. "Some of the stories they tell about when they were at your club are very funny". f**k off.

As you say, both were fucking wage thieves and were symptomatic of the kind of charlatans the club attracted at that point. Openly talking about how much "fun" it was at Ayr then, how much of a good time they had - Slane even laughing about deliberately getting sent off in a game to prove a point. p***k. It wasn't remotely funny, it was an absolute shitshow.

Arseholes that don't know what they're talking about. The popularity of that open goal podcast thing in general is a complete mystery to me tbh.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Aye absolutely this. Really pissed me off when people I knew (almost exclusively Old Firm fans) kept telling me how funny Kyle and Slane were on their podcast. "Some of the stories they tell about when they were at your club are very funny". f**k off.

As you say, both were fucking wage thieves and were symptomatic of the kind of charlatans the club attracted at that point. Openly talking about how much "fun" it was at Ayr then, how much of a good time they had - Slane even laughing about deliberately getting sent off in a game to prove a point. p***k. It wasn't remotely funny, it was an absolute shitshow.

Arseholes that don't know what they're talking about. The popularity of that open goal podcast thing in general is a complete mystery to me tbh.

There is two types of Scottish football fan, those who enjoy Open Goal and those who enjoy A View From The Terrace.