The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Ashford was signed whilst Glendinning was at the club, no? 

You’re correct on Albinson though. He was a total punt in the same way Adeloye was. 

Was he? I was sure he came in before Mathie/Glendinning and Gondoh was their first, may be wrong though. 

26 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Rocking up to the first league cup game with a weaker squad than last year.

Of the team that started the first League Cup game last season we've only lost Houston and Akinyemi. The others are all still here, so it's not that much weaker. All depends on what business we do in the next two weeks. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Gondoh was before glendinning was he not, I know he was signed off a recommendation from Adeloye

I’m sure he arrived just after Bullen, Mathie was definitely here at that point, not sure about Glendinning. If it was another punt and we hadn’t actually seen him play then that’s another one to add to the list. 

Ashford came in late January I’m sure. Gondoh was in the door about five minutes after Bullen but I’m certain that was a signing recommended by Adeloye and no one had seen him play but they needed a body in quickly to replace Bradley. 

Just looking at signings generally as it isn’t fair to differentiate between those from different countries.

Successes: Dempsey, Akinyemi, Musonda, McInroy, Chalmers, Mullin, Kirk

Failures: Ashford, JML, Bangala, Gondoh, Kenyon, McAlear, Maguire, Blaine Rowe

IMO for every signing there is slightly more than one failure, we do need a slightly better hit rate than that. I would be looking for 70/30 hit to failure rate personally. 

JML, no loss whatsoever never been interested before the new year, and Bullen continually giving him chances before Oconner who was way more effective from the bench only .

Big mans away and there has to be no doubt the money we got needs put back in to the team.

left back, (wee Morton guy Strapp please) right back, attacking midfielder,winger,and striker obviously, any less then they are taking the piss.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just looking at signings generally as it isn’t fair to differentiate between those from different countries.

Successes: Dempsey, Akinyemi, Musonda, McInroy, Chalmers, Mullin, Kirk

Failures: Ashford, JML, Bangala, Gondoh, Kenyon, McAlear, Maguire, Blaine Rowe

IMO for every signing there is slightly more than one failure, we do need a slightly better hit rate than that. I would be looking for 70/30 hit to failure rate personally. 

If anything that just proves the arguement that signing experienced players based in Scotland has a far bigger success rate than signing from down south/over seas. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If anything that just proves the arguement that signing experienced players based in Scotland has a far bigger success rate than signing from down south/over seas. 

But with that it’s also much more competitive and we often miss out due to other clubs gazumping us 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

But with that it’s also much more competitive and we often miss out due to other clubs gazumping us 

There's still plenty of players just now that for some reason we don't seem interested in. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

There's still plenty of players just now that for some reason we don't seem interested in. 

Good quality experienced players? I can only think of a few and do they want to sign for us? Strapp for example probably has sights further up the league 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You know what really grinds my gears?

The Ayr United manager using phrases such as "plucky", "little" or "wee" to describe the club. McCall was bad for it and so is Bullen. Get it in the sea.

Absolutely this, it's been going on for ages, I think it suited Cameron but surely the current regime could get it stamped out. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The Ayr United manager using phrases such as "plucky", "little" or "wee" to describe the club. McCall was bad for it and so is Bullen. Get it in the sea.

It's a polite way of calling supporters who want more than they're getting unrealistic.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Good quality experienced players? I can only think of a few and do they want to sign for us? Strapp for example probably has sights further up the league 

Strapp may have sights further up the league but he's not found it so far. Bit like Steven O'Donnell when he left Kilmarnock because he was much better than them only to sign for Motherwell. 

He may get his move but he's now missed most of Scottish pre-season and English clubs are up and running now. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The club has earned the right to be considered a solid Championship team. In fact, it had the highest league finish of all current Championship teams. Fucking have some self-belief and get the "plucky" and "wee" talk in the fucking bin.