The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

FWIW I thought Syla was better today. I think despite all our fears, the three midfielders we’ve brought in are all okay players but collectively they aren’t going to dominate a match or win us a game. If we had one of Murdoch or Dempsey in there alongside them it would be absolutely fine but we need to play with the hand we’ve been dealt. The encouraging thing is that Syla and Young are improving imo and hopefully Senga can get some more game time as I think he can add something as well. 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

was rose injured at half time or just pish that mckenzie is a better option

Rose did nothing good in the first half, didn’t win a header, find space, hold the ball up…he was basically a man down.

McKenzie didn’t look like scoring but he did more to create space for others, won a couple of corners and carried the ball better. Maybe Amarteys pace might have caused more problems but he doesn’t do the dirty work that McKenzie does and Bullen prefers. 

for me I think young looks like he could be good for us based on previous performances and Syla did a few good things in the second half but both weren’t great in the first half and improved a little in the second.

In the short term I’d like to see a back four of stanger mcginty musonda and reading. Get them to defend and leave the attacking players to attack. We won’t see that while bullen is here. Mcallister is a bomb scare and teams know it I’m surprised he never got sent off today. 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith managed the game by wasting time, getting in the referees ear and breaking up the game. 

Ayr gifted two goals but in the second half they dominated things, we had 3-4 chances to get at least a draw, Murphys run in to the box, Chalmers shot, Readings effort and Chalmers cross that missed everyone and scraped the far post. 

We were well pumped by Dundee United, Arbroath and Thistle but today we should have had at least a draw, we matched up to Raith and were the better team for at least 45 minutes.

You're insane

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

FWIW I thought Syla was better today. I think despite all our fears, the three midfielders we’ve brought in are all okay players but collectively they aren’t going to dominate a match or win us a game. If we had one of Murdoch or Dempsey in there alongside them it would be absolutely fine but we need to play with the hand we’ve been dealt. The encouraging thing is that Syla and Young are improving imo and hopefully Senga can get some more game time as I think he can add something as well. 

I've felt since post Falkirk Syla has the better midfeilder, Young i feel doesn't get into opponents way at all (the second Partick goal being the worst showing of it) Syla looks more defensively solid which worries me that him having to be helped off the pitch means he could out for a while as Senga while looks promising seems more box to box 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith managed the game by wasting time, getting in the referees ear and breaking up the game. 

Ayr gifted two goals but in the second half they dominated things, we had 3-4 chances to get at least a draw, Murphys run in to the box, Chalmers shot, Readings effort and Chalmers cross that missed everyone and scraped the far post. 

We were well pumped by Dundee United, Arbroath and Thistle but today we should have had at least a draw, we matched up to Raith and were the better team for at least 45 minutes.

I’ve seen Ayr get relegated a fair few times and this is the sort of talk that usually accompanies the journey through the trapdoor.  We were unlucky/we competed well/we looked decent after we went 2 down (but were lousy at nothing each)/we only lost by the odd goal in 3/the referee was weak/the other side weren’t that great/we could have, should have, might have….   

I would love to believe that a new manager could turn this round, but I honestly don’t see any way to overcome the chronic lack of quality and experience throughout the squad.

Yeah - I’m starting to quite like Syla. I would be interested to see him alongside Senga too. He might actually work pretty well with Dempsey - as others have said though it’s the general experience and numbers issue we are going to continually have in there. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’ve seen Ayr get relegated a fair few times and this is the sort of talk that usually accompanies the journey through the trapdoor.  We were unlucky/we competed well/we looked decent after we went 2 down (but were lousy at nothing each)/we only lost by the odd goal in 3/the referee was weak/the other side weren’t that great/we could have, should have, might have….   

I would love to believe that a new manager could turn this round, but I honestly don’t see any way to overcome the chronic lack of quality and experience throughout the squad.

Compared to the games at the start of the season, today was night and day from those performances.

I’ve been accused of being negative on here when I say the team is shite when they have been shite. Including games were we have failed to register a shot on or off target. 

Today, we gifted two goals that ultimately lost us the game but outwith that we competed well, which is a marked improvement on the Thistle game. A narrow defeat and a win is better than the 4 rankings we took in the previous game. To say there has been no improvement in the last two weeks smacks of a blind determination just to get rid of Bullen. 

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

We have improved but we're still not good enough to beat a Raith team with one centre half and no recognised, out and out striker up front. 

I wondered why Brown was playing at centre half!!! I was saying to my brother, that's a central midfielder they are playing at the back. 

It's not quite Stevo in nets but it should have been a weakness for us to exploit!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

To say there has been no improvement in the last two weeks smacks of a blind determination just to get rid of Bullen. 

Hiya wattoo, hiya pal.

Improvement from match day 1 is not an accolade. The matchday 1 squad was Bullen's creation. He doesn't get credit for having been _slightly_ less shit nearly two months later.

Edited by Thumper

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Hiya wattoo, hiya pal.

Improvement from match day 1 is not an accolade. The matchday 1 squad was Bullen's creation. He doesn't get credit for having been _slightly_ less shit nearly two months later.

Improvement is not an accolade & he shouldn't get credit for being less shit?

It's a bold stance. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Getting beat 2-1 instead of getting beat 3-1! All back to the Hub for a sing-song!

There is a difference from getting beat 3-1 not having a clue who is playing where, having no possession, shitting the bed, looking like we will concede at every attack and barely having a shot at goal and what we did today. 

But we shouldn't acknowledge improvement in any way, shape or form at all unless it comes with a win apparently.