The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Glad to see Dowds doing well - he has something about him and was pleasantly surprised when we signed him after hearing all the poor reports from Falkirk fans. Big, gangly, good in the air and a bit of pace to boot, has that strikers finish about him too. 

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Until we beat a team on merit at the top end of the league i can't see this season being anything better than a 7th in the league finish which compared to last season will be massively underwhelming.

Defence is the issue IMO, crumbles at any moment it's put under sustained pressure

A season finishing 6th or 7th might not be the worst thing in the world so long as we don’t spend prolonged parts of the season worried about being dragged into the bottom two. A season like Raith had last season would be okay provided we could build on it in a similar way they’ve done this season. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A season finishing 6th or 7th might not be the worst thing in the world so long as we don’t spend prolonged parts of the season worried about being dragged into the bottom two. A season like Raith had last season would be okay provided we could build on it in a similar way they’ve done this season. 

After the start to the season we had, I'd have took 6th or 7th. 

League is pretty tight and a decent run will propel us up the table. Hopefully we can get a run of wins now. 🙏

5 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Think you’re reading a bit too much into his word choice there. He works for Ayr United, he’s not married to it. 

I’ll be totally honest, I’m seeing my bit on the side on Thursday. Ayr United knows about it and accepts it. We’re both “comfortable” with it as long as I still turn up at Somerset and take the kids.

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

Dunfermline try to play good football, but I'm not sure they've got the players to do it well for a whole game.

Should be gaps to exploit, unless they're successful in playing through you early on. Then you might struggle.

I know you've only got last week to go by,  which there were massive gaps for you to play through,   but if you take our season(nevermind mcpake's full tenure) it looks a very strange description on how we play.  

It's been pleasing to see our ability to adapt to games in the right way in recent weeks to weaken the threat of opponents.

QP played a very silly system but we still took full advantage. 

We lost to Raith after an atrocious first half, but in the 2nd we really went after their weaknesses and made it difficult for them defensively by playing in a way that made them uncomfortable. Should have got something from that one tbh.

Clearly knew what Airdrie were going to do on Saturday and just didn't play into their style. Went at them early, got a goal and then took advantage of them not having an alternative style.

More of this kind of stuff please Mr Bullen. My feeling on him as manager overall hasn't changed much at all yet, but the situation doesn't look as desperate as it was starting to a few weeks ago. A positive result against the pars and we hopefully start to open a wee gap between ourselves and the bottom and also get some more confidence amongst the squad.

My only slight nip pick with both the good wins are we are a counter attacking team so QP suited us. Airdrie clearly want to be pressed and we haven’t pressed much in each of the games so far, particularly the Raith game was noticeable as they pressed us and we weren’t. The next few games will be interesting to see how we adapt and push on. Same team for me v Dunfermline. 

24 minutes ago, parxyz said:

Hello fellas, bit random, looking for recommendations for any pubs/bars in Ayr/surrounding areas that will be showing the Scotland game on Thursday night that will be alright for kids coming along? 

Smiths maybe your best bet can get food in there and watch the game. Other than that I can’t think of many kid friendly pubs. 

25 minutes ago, parxyz said:

Hello fellas, bit random, looking for recommendations for any pubs/bars in Ayr/surrounding areas that will be showing the Scotland game on Thursday night that will be alright for kids coming along? 

Possibly Willie Wastles, serve food and iv seen kids in loads of times. Not sure when they have to be out for tho.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

My only slight nip pick with both the good wins are we are a counter attacking team so QP suited us. Airdrie clearly want to be pressed and we haven’t pressed much in each of the games so far, particularly the Raith game was noticeable as they pressed us and we weren’t. The next few games will be interesting to see how we adapt and push on. Same team for me v Dunfermline. 

We still have issues at full back so we're not free of problems yet . However the young English boys in central midfield are growing game by game, love to see young players improving with game time. The signing of Dowds turned out better than anyone could have been expected , which as really pushed us on . Maybe some optimism can be enjoyed now . Hopefully we have plans in play to mitigate any moves by Thistle and United at Christmas to mug us off . Pars next ...

52 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

Possibly Willie Wastles, serve food and iv seen kids in loads of times. Not sure when they have to be out for tho.

Didn’t think about Wasties, really nice food in there now and drinks relatively cheap with loads of screens. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From

the VOR twitter

IMG_3170.thumb.jpeg.179b23346cf641b90b9acb2c82ed299d.jpeg

Looks good, feel like it’s going to be a proper enclosed ground now.