The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Nisbet had an even worse attitude.

It annoys me that Shankland doesn't get a look in at these games. Imo he's better than both Adams and Dykes. Nisbet had a flash in the pan but his attitude at Somerset was Honkin.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Remember the club tweeted that he was the first Ayr player to play in the English Premier League and everyone posted pictures of this handsome man...

image.png.a2040e49747dc3662c73fcfb76ab6d2e.png

I am so lost by this post man, did Ayr pretend football started in the 1990s?

9 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Dowds is a good Championship centre forward who's had a tough time of it at Thistle and Falkirk ,perhaps a three year contract at Ayr where he is going to play every week will suffice . Obviously we'll have to pay the going rate , I think this guy is worth it .

Logan is entirely different case . If he continues to show case himself with us it will be another McInroy situation . He could move up to a bottom half Premiership side with out much problem .However would he play every week ? For him to stay with us Smith would need to push the boat out a bit . The question is are we at that stage come the season's end ????

Dowds is a very under rated player - fast - strong- smart- very good on the ground for a big lad.

We loved him at EF - came from an unorthodox background - a degree , a successful career in finance and wealthy background.

We initially didn’t rate him as a boy from University no picked up before will be dross! Every EF ended up loving him, a lovely guy and terrorised teams including Hearts and Dundee Utd.

He went to Falkirk and the guy who signed him got sacked and the new guy didn’t. Rate him. Bizzarely he got loaned out to Arbroath , a league above , wins player of the month and scored a lot of goals under the support of the Campbells- and  this forum would suggest loved by the Arbroath fans .

Had to go back to Falkirk and think did ok.

Signed  for Partick scored something like 7/8!goals under the shadow of the best CF in the league in Graham  by December . The manager who signed him got sacked and the new guy never played him- clearly never rated him and seeing what his agent has said something went on in the background.

So some mangers love him other don’t rate him.  Bullen seems to be in the former camp. The thing with Dowds he is smart, intelligent and articulate . Some mangers may be intimidated by that.(?)

All I would say to Ayr fans watch his runs- at EF we had Agnew ( a superb player) and he always spotted the run and made the pass. I have no doubt Chalmers and Murphy will be able to spot those runs and the boy will score a hell of a lot of goals - 3 in 3 a good start-if you keep Chalmers wouldn’t be surprised if he scored more goals than Graham , subject to injury.

I hope it all works out ok  for the boy- we loved him and always hoped he would return but fear he will end up playing for the Campbells again.

Anyway watch with interest.

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I am so lost by this post man, did Ayr pretend football started in the 1990s?

I'm not a post man.

The English Premier League did start in the 1990s. If I remember correctly.

Stevie Nicol would have been another right answer.

12 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

It annoys me that Shankland doesn't get a look in at these games. Imo he's better than both Adams and Dykes. Nisbet had a flash in the pan but his attitude at Somerset was Honkin.

I’m sure someone on here had said this before. 

C’mon now. 

There are black and white tinted glasses and then there is this. Che Adams has spent most of the last five years in the English Premiership!

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

C’mon now. 

There are black and white tinted glasses and then there is this. Che Adams has spent most of the last five years in the English Premiership!

My one criticism of Clark is that he doesn’t use his squad enough, as good as it’s been, he’s clearly got his favourites. An injury to McGinn of McGreagor and he’s putting in McLean or Armstrong and not Ferguson. It’s the same all over the pitch. Guys like Jacob Brown must have been called up 20 times and has about 3 sub appearances. A couple of injuries and a couple of international retirements and there isn’t a great deal of international experience behind it. 
But it should be Adams over Shankland, I agree

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

C’mon now. 

I like Che Adams but Shankland  at least knows where the goal is. Adams does a lot for the team but he isn’t really a striker