The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Things should really start lighting up anyway if we lose on Saturday. Not really anywhere to hide or excuse that outcome, barring Bullen's it's a cup game anything can happen patter. Although Kelty don't seem to be in any great form atm but I do expect us to "win" and prolong the inevitable for another week. 

1-0 Ayr a late goal somehow finds its way into the goal from someone. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes

Lennon is a very obvious yes, but there is no chance someone like him would be interested. He will still get quoted for most vacant top league jobs. 

I would be happy with Coyle, but I have no idea what his situation is like in India. I think I would prefer him over Courts or Bowyer.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Coyle won’t leave India for us.

Courts might like the idea of a process however he’s had one proper season under his belt so I’m not sure how suited he is to getting a team out of our situation. 

Bowyer is the one for me, if he’s interested which I’m highly skeptical about. He’s had the experience of this league with Dundee, knows how to grind results out, has a fair bit of managerial experience behind him but most importantly will have a better idea of the standard of player we are signing from England. All Bullen has to go on is stats and analysis from games Glendinning has been down to see but he probably won’t have as many contacts to speak to in order to get an idea of who we are signing. Bowyer might have a better chance with that. He seemed to buy into the club when he was at Dundee as well which will tick a box for Mathie. 

If Bowyer is even the slightest bit interested (and he apparently was interested in QP job) then we should be all over it. Courts and McCann both acceptable options. The rest of the list that we’ll be linked with are all a bit meh. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Lennon is a very obvious yes, but there is no chance someone like him would be interested. He will still get quoted for most vacant top league jobs. 

I would be happy with Coyle, but I have no idea what his situation is like in India. I think I would prefer him over Courts or Bowyer.

Yeah I’d have Coyle in a heartbeat. He’d also improve the players that we currently have which is the main thing I’m looking at.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Bowyer is even the slightest bit interested (and he apparently was interested in QP job) then we should be all over it. Courts and McCann both acceptable options. The rest of the list that we’ll be linked with are all a bit meh. 

I don’t think McCann is interested in management anymore. Seems to have a good job at a players agency.

If we’re looking for a safe, domestic option then John Robertson might be worth a look at. Dunno how it would work with him being based up north though. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’d have Coyle in a heartbeat. He’d also improve the players that we currently have which is the main thing I’m looking at

Could do a lot worse than Coyle. Doubt he’d chuck India (he was on a very decent salary at us tbf). You’re absolutely correct when you say he’d improve the current crop of players. He somehow turned very average league 1 players in Lee Kilday and Tommy Robson into some of the best defenders in the league last season and played some class football in the process. 

Only stipulation is his complete lack of plan B when stuff goes wrong. The first sign of adversity and we simply never recovered. He completely lost his head by the end of the season 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

Fun tidbit about Bowyer, he replaced one David Hopkin as manager of Bradford. 

He is also coincidentally 52, so he definitely would not require an assistant.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is the new manager Polish? 

Grave dancing shoes.  Had barely any use since the Queen died.  

Edited by itzdrk

1 minute ago, Tommy_ayr said:

If you look carefully you'll see the only reason contact is made is that Rose leaves his leg dangling so contact is made.  The challenge is actually fine, he's not going to make contact and he's in control.