The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Suggests the problems started with the Falkirk game. The reality is that we had a poor January window. Losing Chalmers and only getting the likes of McAlear when we were in a strong position to challenge Dundee was the start.

Edited by edinburghhonestman

Anyone else feel like they've just woken up from a nightmare where Ayr were utterly horse shit, verging on completely inept and found that they're actually doing amazingly well with Captain Bullen at the wheel and there's a huge legacy of progress being made before our very eyes.

I'm so confused. I need a lie down.

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Anyone else feel like they've just woken up from a nightmare where Ayr were utterly horse shit, verging on completely inept and found that they're actually doing amazingly well with Captain Bullen at the wheel and there's a huge legacy of progress being made before our very eyes.

I'm so confused. I need a lie down.

Aye the propaganda coming out from the club/voice there is completely bizarre. It's almost like they are trying to make it seem like they didn't want to sack him as his legacy was successful but fans pushed him out the door.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Someone on the SRE page saying McGeady was causing a bit of unrest in the dressing room. No idea if it's shite or not, but he does give the impression he's above us 

He should be firmly out the door as well. I’ve no idea what he’s been up to but he’s not good enough as a player and I doubt whether we actually need him off the park. 

Absolute revisionist nonsense from VOR. Calls himself a journalist, that is a work of fiction.

I don't remember Uncle Ian getting such a write up and he saved us from relegation to League Two and established us a Championship team.

Obviously, this is Bullen's world and we're lucky to live in it.

I need to lie down.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Someone on the SRE page saying McGeady was causing a bit of unrest in the dressing room. No idea if it's shite or not, but he does give the impression he's above us 

This is quite blatantly someone just making this up because McGeady didn’t get on with a couple of managers previously tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was it by Desmond Boyd?

If not you can just disregard it as nonsense.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He should be firmly out the door as well. I’ve no idea what he’s been up to but he’s not good enough as a player and I doubt whether we actually need him off the park. 

Signed on a 2 year contract…

Don’t really buy that he was was causing problems if I’m honest.  

What a ridiculous article from VoR.

Doesn't mention he dropped Tomi when he came in and was then left with no option but to put him back in. 

He'll no be remembered as one of our worst but nowhere near the good manager list either. His record was basically tread water,get lucky with Dipo...sink like the Titanic 

We have made an offer to Andy Halliday… as a player I should add.

Motherwell, Livi and Accies also interested. 

In saying that, the last 24 hours may have put a stopper on this. 

Think the c**t had died the way they're going on about him.

What exactly is the clubs identity they're going on about, anybody?

"But he leaves behind a group of players who were undoubtedly loyal to him to the last "

Doubt.

"and could never have been accused of downing tools on his watch. "

Awkward.

"Respected and admired, he is a giant of a man in more ways than one whose presence far beyond the Ayr United dugout will be sorely missed in the club's continuing journey."

Way way too much.

"and Bullen's boots will be big ones to fill moving forward. "

Get a half competent manager. Filled.

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

A manager whose strengths and admirable qualities were in every area bar the dugout.

Wish him the best of luck and he deserves to go with everyone's best wishes but that article is laughable, bizarre propaganda.

Think there was maybe some trade off between VOR and the club. We'll let you break the news early if you let us post this puff piece the next day.

I remember when McCall left, Lachlan did a Q and A on Facebook.  Someone asked how the players were doing, as if they were in mourning or something.  Lachlan’s response was they are professionals and they’ll deal with it.  A very sensible response that contrasts with that utter nonsense from the VoR.

Maybe we should just shut the club as we’ll surely never find another Bullen.  And what’s the point of success if Bullen doesn’t lead us to it?  Will we ever find love again?  I wasn’t such a dribbling mess even when Shankland left.

The irony is that there appeared to be no prospect of Bullen staying anyway when his contract expired at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We have made an offer to Andy Halliday… as a player I should add.

Motherwell, Livi and Accies also interested. 

In saying that, the last 24 hours may have put a stopper on this. 

I wonder if there is some sort of off field development role packaged with any offer. If we can't beat some of the teams in our own league then can't see how this one lands