The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

53 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

A manager whose strengths and admirable qualities were in every area bar the dugout.

Wish him the best of luck and he deserves to go with everyone's best wishes but that article is laughable, bizarre propaganda.

Sounds like he would have been really good at being the panda.  

3 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

Just to clarify a couple of points in your post;

• I wrote the book you refer to in the season that Ayr United finished in a promotion play-off spot.
  • At no point did I say that I thought that criticising Mark Roberts "...was unbelievably selfish and arrogant". 
  • I'm not convinced that anyone expressed these thoughts. However, if they did, I'm not "one of them"

Apart from these points, I would say that your post is pretty accurate.

Is that you Gerry?

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What's Michael Moffat up to these days?

Playing for Glenafton. Seems to be scoring pretty regularly as well which is unsurprising.

Still annoys me that he wasn’t given proper send off last season. 

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

Probably off having a lie down after reading the VoR article.

Aye, Moffat didn't even get a send off like that from VOR or the club. 

This isn't a criticism of the testimonial committee who did a great job.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Playing for Glenafton. Seems to be scoring pretty regularly as well which is unsurprising.

Still annoys me that he wasn’t given proper send off last season. 

If Dougie Imrie can prove to be a decent manager, I see no reason why The Moff couldn’t do likewise.

Bring him home….

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, Moffat didn't even get a send off like that from VOR or the club. 

This isn't a criticism of the testimonial committee who did a great job.

True, but Moffat didn’t give us back our identity.

Levels.

I can’t say anything bad about Bullen as a person got to speak with him during play on the park and was very nice to me and such, as a manger his biggest success for me is not the 2nd place finish more somehow turning McGinty into a decent championship level defender (and arguably in my opinion the front runner for player of the season)

wish him all the best but his time had came and went 

Wonder if the club can stop wanking themselves silly over a guy who has firmly got us into a shite situation long enough to inform us what’s happening on Saturday? 

Everyone knows he’s a great guy and tried his best but he had to go. Sacking a manager isn’t exactly rare these days and it’s hardly the first time David Smith has had to do it. Mark Kerr merited a far better send off than Bullen is getting right now imo. 

EVERYBODY wanted Bullen to do well, but he didn’t.

He wasn’t hounded out - he just wasn’t good enough.

So those that are making out he was some kind of visionary or legend for what he did at Ayr United - he was always going to be judged on results on the park, regardless of how much of a gentleman he was off it.