The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sounds like we're all shitting ourselves about next season already. Grim.

Couldn't be less excited about it. I think any hopes of us suddenly signing decent players and the tinpot attitude of the board changing is desperately optimistic.

10 hours ago, Rb123 said:

We going to give them a guard of honour for winning the SPFL Trust Trophy before then shooting towards SRE first half out of choice 

One good thing about them switching ends, we all got a great view of Sanders making an arse of it

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

Couldn't be less excited about it. I think any hopes of us suddenly signing decent players and the tinpot attitude of the board changing is desperately optimistic.

Glendinning putting together his list of scouting trips for next seasons recruitment as we speak

We’ll make a couple of early signings, sit on our hands while the rest of the championship swap good Championship players amongst themselves. We’ll make a couple more signings from down south then panic buy at the end of August. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We’ll make a couple of early signings, sit on our hands while the rest of the championship swap good Championship players amongst themselves. We’ll make a couple more signings from down south then panic buy at the end of August. 

If this is the case..... I seriously think I'm done. I could not take any more! I'm hoping Bullen was a yes man and Brown wouldn't be as much. Whitty and him are very young and I imagine want to go far in management together... I don't see them hanging about for more of this snash!

Providing the stand gets completed and opened then next season should be different. It's a big project for a club our size and will have taken up a lot of internal focus and resources. Hopefully a lot has been learned from the recruitment strategy and a change in direction occurs

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Providing the stand gets completed and opened then next season should be different. It's a big project for a club our size and Hopefully a lot has been learned from the recruitment strategy and a change in direction occurs

"will have taken up a lot of internal focus and resources." Why do you believe this to be the case? We're paying a company to build something and OK that will use some resources but not much, plus we have a million more backroom staff/managers than b4.... just because the same man owns both businesses shouldn't matter.

If you pay a builder to build you an extension at home, do you also have to stop working and become a site manager!? No ye don't. 

34 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Providing the stand gets completed and opened then next season should be different. It's a big project for a club our size and will have taken up a lot of internal focus and resources. Hopefully a lot has been learned from the recruitment strategy and a change in direction occurs

What has been learned from the recruitment strategy is nothing. The usual thing has played out: a rookie manager who spent lots of time in the English lower leagues fucked things up by believing that English lower league jobbers would automatically be better than Scottish Championship players, and then he was replaced by a rookie manager who spent lots of time in the Scottish Premiership, who believes that any random loanees  retrieved from the top flight will automatically be better than Scottish Championship players.

It is correct that the _owner_ has focussed his attention on the new stand, and that will change once it's finished. Given that right now he's likely to be inaugurating it with a matchday 1 home league defeat to Kelty Hearts, that doesn't really bode well for anyone on the current coaching staff.

13 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Just had a look at the table and, incredibly, a win on Friday would take us within a point of the good playoffs. Scenes when we have Stanger & McGinty in the Premier league next season!

Stanger on left wing, McGinty in nets.

20 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

"will have taken up a lot of internal focus and resources." Why do you believe this to be the case? We're paying a company to build something and OK that will use some resources but not much, plus we have a million more backroom staff/managers than b4.... just because the same man owns both businesses shouldn't matter.

If you pay a builder to build you an extension at home, do you also have to stop working and become a site manager!? No ye don't. 

Will the builder be taking on the launch and running of the new hospitality and business centre when it opens?  Building costs are fluctuating wildly and we are unable to build the full spec currently so i'd imagine some cash has been used or held back that might find their way to the on field stuff. To run the new facility successfully a lot of planning and preparation required in advance of a proper launch. Pricing , marketing , staff , certification , layout to name a few. Much of this will need completed in advance of the season ending so this is ready to roll for the next one. This will fall under Mathies remit so i'd imagine he's spent a bit of time on this 

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What has been learned from the recruitment strategy is nothing. The usual thing has played out: a rookie manager who spent lots of time in the English lower leagues fucked things up by believing that English lower league jobbers would automatically be better than Scottish Championship players, and then he was replaced by a rookie manager who spent lots of time in the Scottish Premiership, who believes that any random loanees  retrieved from the top flight will automatically be better than Scottish Championship players.

It is correct that the _owner_ has focussed his attention on the new stand, and that will change once it's finished. Given that right now he's likely to be inaugurating it with a matchday 1 home league defeat to Kelty Hearts, that doesn't really bode well for anyone on the current coaching staff.

Stanger on left wing, McGinty in nets.

You are correct but the main time of reflection should come at the end of season. Will give them the benefit of the doubt that they can evolve next season 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

This.

Assuming we stay up and Arbroath go down it’ll be a full time division for the first time in a good while so recruitment in this close season has to be a massive improvement on the past few windows.

We’ll also have the Dipo money to add to the war chest (you’d hope), yet we’ll probably still manage to sign jobbers from Kings Lynn or Tamworth as well as the odd cast off from Thistle or Dunfermline.

Recruitment has been atrocious over Glendinnings tenure, he should be first out the door before any bodies come in.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

🔥 How Ayr United could line up next season under Scott Brown.

Screenshot_20240118_193256_Chrome.thumb.jpg.686da728da1c96274b1615eac2f0ca7a.jpg

Is signing a striker that requires day release a punishment for us or him? Although those squad numbers is a crime in itself.

34 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

We’ll also have the Dipo money to add to the war chest (you’d hope)

Did that not get spent on last minute signings at the end of the summer window?

finally seem to know what the  injuries are Musonda Calf Strain, Dempsey Knee injury, Chalmers Bone Bruising (both him and Dempsey being monitored), McGinley tweaked hamstring, Willoughby out of hospital is being hoped to rejoin training later this week, nothing on McAllister or Murphy after the queens game

12 minutes ago, Peil said:

Did that not get spent on last minute signings at the end of the summer window?

Was it not said somewhere that the Dipo money wouldn’t be used until the close season?

I remember being fucked off that it wasn’t used in January

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Was it not said somewhere that the Dipo money wouldn’t be used until the close season?

I remember being fucked off that it wasn’t used in January

Think that was the Rangers money

I see Sanders got on the scoresheet on Saturday? How's he been with you lads?

Must admit I'm a big fan. Easily the best centre back we've ever had and I'm sure there will be interest from many for his signature.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I see Sanders got on the scoresheet on Saturday? How's he been with you lads?

rough, cost us the second goal in that game, and has been very error prone, did make one game saving tackle up at Airdrie but just looks out of sorts with us