The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

2 players who can cover 2 of those position each ? 

If Ashcroft was to sign then in theory you’ve got Ashcroft, Musonda and Stanger as you’re centre backs whilst McMann can play there as can McAllister if we’re absolutely desperate. Stanger might well start games at right back which I’m not too unhappy about. 

Obviously we’ve got a winger coming in who can presumably play on either side but I think we need another defensive midfielder in their to allow Syla and Murdoch to get back to full fitness before they are starting games. If that player can also cover either RB or CB then that would be handy. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Rus, Murphy and (I know) McGeady all play on the left.  It'll be a right winger we get.  

Henderson as well although I do think he is equally as capable on the right side. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Henderson as well although I do think he is equally as capable on the right side. 

Pretty sure he will be playing on the right for us.  

If Ashcroft is signing then priorities for me are RB and CM then squad fillers. I think I would actually have a 3rd striker in than a winger. McKenezie / Bryden can cover on the wing if required but i'd rather have someone else to come of the bench that gives a goal threat as we dont have that at the moment.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Rus, Murphy and (I know) McGeady all play on the left.  It'll be a right winger we get.  

Can't rely on a 35 year old, injury prone Murphy all season. Rus seems more suited in the centre and the less said about the latter, the better.

With Musonda, you need 4 centre half’s. If McCann has been signed as left back and centre half cover, you have to hope Musonda and Reading don’t get injured at the same time. 

McCallister can play centre half, if he moves in to the middle, Tomlinson will come in. Stanger can cover right back, but again, you’d be playing 2 defenders out of their natural position because you don’t have the right cover. 
I think we need a right back and McCallister will be utilised where and when he is needed. 

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Can't rely on a 35 year old, injury prone Murphy all season. Rus seems more suited in the centre and the less said about the latter, the better.

I think he played almost every game last season , I don’t think he played 90 minutes in any of them but I think he played all but maybe 2-3 

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Injury prone? He played 39 games last season. 

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Asked a certain former Coventry player about Rus and he said he thinks he will do well here and is a good little player 👍🏻

Bang on. Very talented. Superb signing! 

Just now, Girth said:

Bang on. Very talented. Superb signing! 

Where did he play at Hereford? The club have said he can play right across the attacking positions behind the striker. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think he played almost every game last season , I don’t think he played 90 minutes in any of them but I think he played all but maybe 2-3 

and the season before ! Not had the injury issues since his operation 

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

He also couldn't play 26 of them without being substituted on/off. 

Still doesn't justify 4 left wingers.  

I did also see someone saying we needed a 6th striker somewhere above.  

Lads have gone power mad. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where did he play at Hereford? The club have said he can play right across the attacking positions behind the striker. 

Just behind the striker(s). Very creative and skilful player.