The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Trying to work out what they're saying in the first bit. The U18s beat Cumnock 12-0?

Yeah I only watched the 2nd half which they scored 7 in. Sensed from some Cumnock parents wanting to go home after the 4th that the 1st half must have went equally as well.

Play Killie tomorrow which will give a better idea of where the team is at. Not sure what team Garry Hay will be supporting though.

21 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Think we will miss him on Tuesday due to suspension 

Should be ok if we go like this.  

Screenshot_20240722-132007.png

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Yeah I only watched the 2nd half which they scored 7 in. Sensed from some Cumnock parents wanting to go home after the 4th that the 1st half must have went equally as well.

Play Killie tomorrow which will give a better idea of where the team is at. Not sure what team Garry Hay will be supporting though.

It  was Cumnock under 20s , a team 2/3 years older than the Ayr team , Kilmarnock have pulled out the friendly Ayr U18s I believe are now playing Bonnington Thistle  

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

It  was Cumnock under 20s , a team 2/3 years older than the Ayr team , Kilmarnock have pulled out the friendly Ayr U18s I believe are now playing Bonnington Thistle  

running in fear of another scalping 

A bit late to the party and I wasn't at the game but having watched the AU highlights and the DU highlights, it's no surprise that the latter didn't show the 'foul' that led to the brilliant winner - too embarrassed? The fuckin ref needs to look at that and hang his head in shame - never ever a foul ffs.    

4 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

I thought Garry was working with the SFA, is he with you lot now?

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I thought Garry was working with the SFA, is he with you lot now?

His son(?) plays in our youth set up. 

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

think we will start seeing some rotation against Stenhousemuir can see us resting some players like Watret, Reading, Dowds etc personally i think we might end up lining up like this

image.png.d2250d8f84d12fa7e39c9201604bf009.png

Bench: Russell, Devlin, Reading, Tomlinson, Murdoch, Henderson, Murphy, Dowds, McKenzie

Doubt we’ll see much if any rotation tomorrow tbh (with the exception of Rus) as to progress we’re probably looking at two rather substantial victories. 

Failure to win tomorrow night and I’d think we’d see changes for the Buckie game as we’d be pretty much out. 

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doubt we’ll see much if any rotation tomorrow tbh (with the exception of Rus) as to progress we’re probably looking at two rather substantial victories. 

Failure to win tomorrow night and I’d think we’d see changes for the Buckie game as we’d be pretty much out. 

Aye I don’t think we’ll change a huge amount. We still need our preferred eleven to gel together. Syla in for Rus and maybe we’ll start Musonda if he’s fit enough. 

1 minute ago, Moysterclass said:

Apparently we're in for Daire O'Connor of Glentoran, formerly of yous. Any good? 

Wasn’t as good as he was made out to be imo. Kind of player that got better the more he didn’t play. 

His best moments for us were usually off the bench but he’s got a decent turn of pace and is direct. His delivery is a bit hit or miss but he did get a few assists for us. 

7 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Apparently we're in for Daire O'Connor of Glentoran, formerly of yous. Any good? 

Single handedly had Inverness in his pocket until being sent off for nothing after half an hour.