The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From what I heard on sportsound.

Ayr were sloppy.

Subs were confusing. Maxwell off for Salkeld who “made a lot of pointless runs” 

Muirhead should have walked for an off the ball challenge 

going down to 10 men, losing a centre half with a spare in midfield, yet bringing on another for a forward was Negative, against a team that wasn’t in the game. Hopkin described it as a training game after that point. Well, manning the barricades rather than pushing on, you get what you deserve

the team may deserve support but Hopkin doesn’t 

Garbage, your hugely twisting what was said on sportsound to fit your own agenda ,bit said actually from a supposed fan .

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr were sloppy.

going down to 10 men, losing a centre half with a spare in midfield, yet bringing on another for a forward was Negative, against a team that wasn’t in the game. Hopkin described it as a training game after that point. Well, manning the barricades rather than pushing on, you get what you deserve

Did you expect us to just run with Murdoch in midfield by himself for the rest of the game or something?

You don’t half make up a lot of pish to fit your narrative.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Speak to Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson, it was them that said it

I listened to the second half and extra time on the radio and 90% of it was them praising Ayr and the amount of chances they had.

I’m really no Hopkin fan but you’ve gone to extreme lengths to warp what they said to make your point.

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr were sloppy.

Total nonsense.  The jury is still out on Hopkin, but we were much improved today.  First half was scrappy as hell and neither team looked like scoring.  2nd half we were excellent and should have been out of sight long before the referee decided to hand Dundee Utd a get out of jail free card.  It’s really up to the team to prove they can do it in the league now.  

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I listened to the second half and extra time on the radio and 90% of it was them praising Ayr and the amount of chances they had.

I’m really no Hopkin fan but you’ve gone to extreme lengths to warp what they said to make your point.

Yip I was listening too, and both pundits praised Ayr continually, saying the DU keeper saved them and Ayr were by far the better side, both thought it wasn't a penalty, salked was praised for his running but they thought he would be better served sitting in, both said they never saw the coming together of muirhhead and their lad but if muirhhead had taken him out he was lucky

Shame someone with an agenda is now lying to to undermine the team, thankfullycaughtouttodayhowever...pathetic!!!

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Speak to Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson, it was them that said it

Not interested on what they said , over 1400 Ayr fans were impressed by Ayr today , but you want to go on what 2 guys on the radio says who both spout shit week in week out and one of them being an ex player of Dundee United , how you can have a go at some of today’s tactics without being there is embarrassing, the right thing to do was strengthen defence when Baird was sent off , Muirhead was winning a great deal of balls in midfield, why would you want to move him back when you had cover in the bench 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

No I haven’t, you are trying to tie two things together that I didn’t say

they said that Ayr had lost all their energy once Maxwell went off, Salkeld has chases a lot down but but not really done anything. 

they didn’t say Ayr were shite like it seems to suggest I was saying 

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye I listened from about 30 mins in and it was pretty much 100% praise towards Ayr after what they said was a slow start.   The only team they were criticising was 'Utd' which absolutely wasn't referencing us.  

Just now, Hursty said:

Consensus on Adeloye?  Radio sounded like he was having a cracking game, my dad at the game says he was terrible.  

Thought he was pretty ineffective overall, but you can’t really argue with his attitude and work rate.  I think we need to accept he’s not a target man and try and use him a bit more intelligently.  Afolabi is miles off the pace so we really need to try and make Adeloye work for us.

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

Yip I was listening too, and both pundits praised Ayr continually, saying the DU keeper saved them and Ayr were by far the better side, both thought it wasn't a penalty, salked was praised for his running but they thought he would be better served sitting in, both said they never saw the coming together of muirhhead and their lad but if muirhhead had taken him out he was lucky

Shame someone with an agenda is now lying to to undermine the team, thankfullycaughtouttodayhowever...pathetic!!!

Facebook mum type post. 

who did we get in the quarter finals of the tried really hard but went out to a mediocre team despite being a goal up cup? 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not interested on what they said , over 1400 Ayr fans were impressed by Ayr today , but you want to go on what 2 guys on the radio says who both spout shit week in week out and one of them being an ex player of Dundee United , how you can have a go at some of today’s tactics without being there is embarrassing, the right thing to do was strengthen defence when Baird was sent off , Muirhead was winning a great deal of balls in midfield, why would you want to move him back when you had cover in the bench 

Ferguson was extremely positive about Ayr, didn’t hear what Dodds said.

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

they said that Ayr had lost all their energy once Maxwell went off, Salkeld has chases a lot down but but not really done anything. 

Maxwell was excellent but had started to tire as had a few others.  It was obvious to anyone who was actually at the game that the subs were about getting fresh legs on the park.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Facebook mum type post. 

who did we get in the quarter finals of the tried really hard but went out to a mediocre team despite being a goal up cup? 

If you were there you would have seen how unlucky they were today , their goalkeeper pulled off 3 excellent saves at 1-0 , but that comment above from a fan who did not watch the performance is poor , 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They were positive about Ayr in the majority of the game but also very negative about Dundee United.

Dodds was an Ayr fan. 

the single items in my post were what they said, the latter part was my thoughts. 
Dundee United weren’t in the game up until the sending off and penalty, we could have brought on O’Conner or Chalmers in to midfield, taken off Adeloye or McKenzie, or even drop McKenzie in to midfield and kept some kind of momentum up.

going defensive was what has failed us several times before

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If you were there you would have seen how unlucky they were today , their goalkeeper pulled off 3 excellent saves at 1-0 , but that comment above from a fan who did not watch the performance is poor , 

But that doesn't fit his agenda, he'd rather tell lies to undermine the manager and the team, pathetic behaviour