The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Seems like Forrest will be out for a bit then.  Maybe time to give McGuffie a start, see if he can take his chance and offer something different.  Not sure what will happen  in the middle with Crawford/Doc/Kerr vying for one spot

Yeah, I agree that Murdoch starts it's a question of who plays with him in the middle. I still cant believe Morton let him leave.

I still fear McCall might opt to put Crawford out wide but he is totally wasted there.

3 minutes ago, Torfason said:

That would be a strange one as Ross terminated his loan 6 months early at St Mirren.

I've often thought the same. He didn't fancy him at St Mirren but he wants him at Sunderland. Very strange...

Were you no at the Ross county game djaffo , ? the punts up the park he completely missed for two of the goals against Ross county

The first goal he gave away the penalty (which wasn’t actually a penalty)

The second one he goes out to meet the Ross County player challenging for the ball, if bounces right in front of both of them and the wind carries it into the box where’s there’s a scramble and a goal.

To blame him for both is harsh given the weather conditions and that the penalty clearly wasn’t justified.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The first goal he gave away the penalty (which wasn’t actually a penalty)

The first goal wasn't a penalty and tbh, nobody in the team knew wtf had just happened. All the Ayr players stood and gawked at each other, wondering what had happened. The conditions were clearly against them. The penalty was conceded in the second half and agreed, It wasn't a penalty at all. Bell was only doing his job. A Centre back would be a good decision for Ayr, as much as I think both Bell and Adams are great.

Someone to play on the right as well, as Trogdor said, Crawford shouldn't be out wide. Murdoch and Crawford in the centre, they have worked well whilst Kerr is out. I'm not so worried about Ferguson leaving as Ayr have a good player in Ecrepont, who I'm sure would certainly give it a bash at either side of the park. Sadly, Ayr ultimately need a new Moff/no 10 role. 

1 hour ago, AllySloan said:

Wasn't at the game yesterday. How did Docherty get on yesterday?
Justified to start the next game? Not the biggest fan of Kerr tbh

Docherty was really good yesterday. Good to see him play like that as I was half expecting him to be let go in January. Couple of times he gave the ball away, but you expected that, given it was his first league start in ages. 

Only disappointment was that he never wiped Andy Stirling out :o

26 minutes ago, Ayrshires finest said:

anyone else worrying that county are grinding out results that we are currently drawing which could prove pivotal towards the end of such a tight season... 

I’m more worried that County seem to always refresh and overhaul their squad each January. 

I’m more worried that County seem to always refresh and overhaul their squad each January. 

Nothing we can do about that. If Ross County want to go and splash the cash in January then that’s up to them.

If Cameron wants to give us funds to bolster the squad then good on him. But it’s not possible for him to put in enough money for us to be competing with County on a financial level. We need to use whatever funds we have in January smartly and not just bring in a player for the sake of it.

If there ever was a time for Cameron and the board to grab the thistle and put some extra money into the playing budget it's now but I can understand if they don't, I know McCall isn't the biggest fan of loans but surely the impact that Doohan has had maybe some teams might want to loan us a promising youngster or two, Frank Ross at the sheep and Ewan Henderson at Celtic are two good prospects who could do with games and play that no10 role we could do with

Does anyone have any idea the exact date Docherty and Ferguson’s contracts run out? Obviously some point in January but I thought we’d maybe have heard by now what’s happening with them.
Thought it was a bit of a coincidence that Docherty started yesterday just before his contract expires, perhaps was to prove he has what it takes to stay to the end of the season.

By all accounts from what I heard he was actually quite decent yesterday.

Doc was okay, a few too many passes astray and got dispossessed a couple of times but he was understandably rusty. Thought he played much better second half, as did most of the team to be honest, and seems pretty fit given how few minutes he's played recently.

For me  though, unless the opposition are particularly pacey, I would start a fit Kerr over a fit Doc everytime. Kerr's passing is just better, especially his short passing and he always seems to have a bit more time on the ball than Doc. That said, would be very happy to have both fully fit as good to have options and cover in a key, probably the key, position.

Any sign of Ayr advertising half price season tickets like other clubs here and the premier, could make the difference in cash for the boss in January sales

i know there is a lot of interest in the club this year and how well there doing and then there's the TV games promoting the club

Any sign of Ayr advertising half price season tickets like other clubs here and the premier, could make the difference in cash for the boss in January sales
i know there is a lot of interest in the club this year and how well there doing and then there's the TV games promoting the club

They’ve been advertised on social media. On sale in the club shop now.