The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When you see it from this angle is show well how much space the new stand on the North Terracing will take up, looking really forward to the day work starts on that, if all is still well i'd imagine it'll be end of season work will commence. Wonder if for any time during construction it'll mean North Terracing will be out of commission on matchdays.

image.png

Edited by rb123!

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

When you see it from this angle is show well how much space the new stand on the North Terracing will take up, looking really forward to the day work starts on that, if all is still well i'd imagine it'll be end of season work will commence. Wonder if for any time during construction it'll mean North Terracing will be out of commission on matchdays.

image.png

I'm sure the North Terrace will be out of commission for most of next season. I believe there is the option to do it in stages to minimise disruption on match days but that's only really a problem if we get promoted.  

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

This popped up, no doubt because I had sat through the Somerset Boab video. Not seen this before but some of the drone footage of the old girl is fantastic. Apologies if its been shared before.

Everyone should get a medal for watching a full Boaby video

image.gif.42b3a6596694d200356f7f31799415e4.gif

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Manchester City had the Bell end, Dundee have the cox end. We would have the Boaby end. 

Has a bit more to it than "The Somerset Boab Stand" 

28 minutes ago, Nelson said:

They said at the vision night that the North Terrace will be out of commission for the whole of next season.  

If that's the case without sounding selfish and under the belief i still don't think it'll happen...

However if it did arise, would you really want to get promoted on a year you're going to have a large part of the ground closed? Interesting how that'll impact performances just fans in main stand and behind the goal.

Will please all the ones who stand on the North Terracing having to go in next to the young team in the SRE lol

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Will please all the ones who stand on the North Terracing having to go in next to the young team in the SRE lol

f**k that, put the away fans in the stand and Ayr fans behind each goal. 

Based on what was said at the vision night, I don’t think there was an expectation that we’d get promoted this year.  No one would turn their noses up if it was achieved, but the sense I got from Mathie and Smith felt the club needed to be built up more to give us a shot at premier league sustainability.  Can’t say I know much about construction, but tough to see how the plans they showed us could be done in phases to allow parts of the NT to stay open.  Time will tell I suppose, but they seemed very clear that construction would start at the end of this season (subject to planning permission which I think is all in place now) and the NT would re-open in time for season 2024/25.  I don’t think anyone can seriously argue it’s not a price worth paying.  

3 hours ago, Nelson said:

Based on what was said at the vision night, I don’t think there was an expectation that we’d get promoted this year.  No one would turn their noses up if it was achieved, but the sense I got from Mathie and Smith felt the club needed to be built up more to give us a shot at premier league sustainability.  Can’t say I know much about construction, but tough to see how the plans they showed us could be done in phases to allow parts of the NT to stay open.  Time will tell I suppose, but they seemed very clear that construction would start at the end of this season (subject to planning permission which I think is all in place now) and the NT would re-open in time for season 2024/25.  I don’t think anyone can seriously argue it’s not a price worth paying.  

I'm pretty sure that the whole NT is to be closed and that was with or without promotion. As it stands I'm sure the capacity would still be around 6,000 even with the NT out of the equation and 6,000 would be more than enough for the majority of games.

I'm a NT man myself, however it's no issue whatsoever to either go in the Somerset Road end or the Main stand and I'm sure most folk will have the same attitude.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty sure that the whole NT is to be closed and that was with or without promotion. As it stands I'm sure the capacity would still be around 6,000 even with the NT out of the equation and 6,000 would be more than enough for the majority of games.

I'm a NT man myself, however it's no issue whatsoever to either go in the Somerset Road end or the Main stand and I'm sure most folk will have the same attitude.

IIRC Somerset Road end is 2k, or thereabouts, just under 1600 seated and probably another 2k in the away end minus the North Terrace section..

20 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

This popped up, no doubt because I had sat through the Somerset Boab video. Not seen this before but some of the drone footage of the old girl is fantastic. Apologies if its been shared before.

That's a good photo, I would like it even better if all the roofs were the same as the Somerset Road end and those trees were cut down at the railway end.