The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bryden on for Dipo - bizarre. 

Dipo didn’t do much tbh but it was more telling that he put Bryden on and not Ashford. I’m not complaining but it’s not a good sign for Sam if he’s now behind Bryden in the pecking order. 

Will take that considering how poor the game was. Hamilton are atrocious.

Considering the losses we had recently it's not ended up having damaged our play off hopes to much at all. Still in a good spot overall with a favourable couple of fixtures to come.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Will take that considering how poor the game was. Hamilton are atrocious.

Considering the losses we had recently it's not ended up having damaged our play off hopes to much at all. Still in a good spot overall with a favourable couple of fixtures to come.

I wouldn't consider any fixture favourable after that performance.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I wouldn't consider any fixture favourable after that performance.

That's a fair point. We were pretty rancid.

Ever the optimist, I'm just glad of the 3 points and hoping for better next week.

No doubt we'll lose 3 nil.

37 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Dipo has looked off the pace last few games 

eta- just hasn’t looked like he did earlier in the season 

He looks as if he is carrying an injury-not running freely. There was a through ball that a fit Dipo would have run onto but he lumbered after it.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dipo didn’t do much tbh but it was more telling that he put Bryden on and not Ashford. I’m not complaining but it’s not a good sign for Sam if he’s now behind Bryden in the pecking order. 

Ashford is still a decent bit ahead of Bryden as a player IMO,  so I found it a bit strange. Dipo didn’t do much by his standards but I still wouldn’t be subbing our out ball with ten minutes remaining, for someone that can’t really act as one. Irrelevant anyway, win is a win and all that! 

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

McAllister was pretty good today, deserved MOTM. Been on a decent run the last few weeks. Midfield needs shored up badly, especially if that's Murdoch out.

Agreed thought McAllister played very well today as did the rest of the back four.  Irrespective of Murdoch’s situation (hopefully he’ll be ok) we need reinforcements in the centre of midfield. 

+3 and we move on. Time for a couple of beers now. We’ll need a better performance next week to take the 3 points that’s for sure though. 

Edited by ecocme

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ashford is still a decent bit ahead of Bryden as a player IMO,  so I found it a bit strange. Dipo didn’t do much by his standards but I still wouldn’t be subbing our out ball with ten minutes remaining, for someone that can’t really act as one. Irrelevant anyway, win is a win and all that! 

Thought Fraser did well when he came on and it was the right sub choice for Dipo at the time. 

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Dipo has looked off the pace last few games

eta- just hasn’t looked like he did earlier in the season 

He's been absolutely starved for service and expected to do everything. Difficult to see what else he could have done today. f**k knows what Bullen expects of him except miracles. Won today because he made a fucking goal-line clearance.

I know the confidence has probably been badly shot after the back to back defeats from Partick and Dundee, however that was woeful mostly today. 

Biggest disappointment for me was the fact we seem to get worse in the 2nd half instead of kick on and try and add a couple of goals to the game cause their defence was there for the taking. 

Thought the 3 man midfield of Smith/Hewitt/Dempsey actually worked quite well first half but whatever Rankin tweaked at half time they just took complete control of the midfield 2nd half and we were second to every ball. Positive is defence was a lot more solid but not much of a judgement against a team who can be best described as diddies. 

Don't get why Murdoch was risked if he clearly wasn't fit, seems daft and also no Brad Young in the team so presume he has been recalled by Villa? If so we need another striker as McKenzie/Bryden/Ashford doesn't cut it. Need another CM too if Murdoch is injured now as evident 2nd half today we missed him badly.