The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

think it's just same surname thou the brothers thing reminds me of Martyn and Mark Campbell (Martyn actually ended up becoming my next favourite after Chris Left)

My favourite back then was Jerome Vareille lol. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, Hamilton is as good a striker signing as you are getting at this level - 22, plenty of development in him and proven as an excellent goal scorer at this level. 

Unless you pull off a Dipo obviously. 

I would of pulled off a Dipo if he had scored 4 last week👀👀👀

Aye Hamilton is a great signing and a bit of a statement of intent for Raith. They might be willing to pay over the odds for Mullin this summer whereas we might think we can do better. Would far rather have Luke McCowan or Logan Chalmers if we could afford them. 

Hopefully we hear tomorrow or Wednesday regarding contracts and plans for next season.

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

For every dipo we get Sam Ashford jml ghost gondo it whatever way you spell it the scout hasn’t been great in all honesty 

AFAIK Bangala and Gondoh didn’t come from Glendinning. He also got us Ben Dempsey and Alex Kirk presumably. Musonda and McInroy were obviously well known by fans but he wouldn’t identified them as being ideal for how we want to play. 

It’s all swings and roundabouts and you’re going to sign some duds but he’s been fine for us in the most part.

28 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The robertsons are brothers .

From Hurlford 

While playing with ayr Chris was a gravedigger Mon-fri

Not to go full blown happy clapper but if anything shows how far we've come that's it.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

AFAIK Bangala and Gondoh didn’t come from Glendinning. He also got us Ben Dempsey and Alex Kirk presumably. Musonda and McInroy were obviously well known by fans but he wouldn’t identified them as being ideal for how we want to play. 

It’s all swings and roundabouts and you’re going to sign some duds but he’s been fine for us in the most part.

Fair enough 

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not to go full blown happy clapper but if anything shows how far we've come that's it.

The difference between full time football and half your team building furniture or fitting pipes before heading to training is a couple of seasons. Either way. And when you come up it's not always the full-timers who are your stars. One of the things that impressed me about McCall is that while he viscerally looked down his nose at absolutely everything else, he never suggested that part-time players were absolutely anything other than equals.