The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Isn't that more a Dumfries and Galloway carry on than an Ayrshire one?  It's needles and Rangers in your neck of the woods? 😎

It’s true those from east and north Ayrshire dabble in gear and *** business . South Ayrshire , some would say “the Scottish Riviera” , is above such behaviour . A land of honest men and bonnie lassies . 

Genuinely mental that we've got our first pre season friendly tomorrow and are only a week and a half away from competitive football starting and we still haven't addressed the fullback issue which every Ayr fan could see was our biggest problem last season. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Genuinely mental that we've got our first pre season friendly tomorrow and are only a week and a half away from competitive football starting and we still haven't addressed the fullback issue which every Ayr fan could see was our biggest problem last season. 

We could all see it two seasons ago and various managers/head coaches and a whole new recruitment setup have completely avoided the area.  

Hopkin - signed McCalister. 

Duffy - Nobody. 

Bullen - new deals all round, signed Blaine 'the broken' Rowe on a 6 month loan deal who did not start a game.  

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you dredge the Scottish freed list you can only really have Liam and Michael Smith as useful candidates . Of course we may have a target in England in mind . Either way it’s time to get the finger out and get that position sorted !

10 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If you dredge the Scottish freed list you can only really have Liam and Michael Smith as useful candidates . Of course we may have a target in England in mind . Either way it’s time to get the finger out and get that position sorted !

Liam Smith at RB, Lewis Strapp at LB

39 minutes ago, railwayend said:

It’s true those from east and north Ayrshire dabble in gear and *** business . South Ayrshire , some would say “the Scottish Riviera” , is above such behaviour . A land of honest men and bonnie lassies . 

You're getting shtabbed.......

21 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

See they're trying to address the new lottery fiasco with a reduction of balls etc.  5 star lottery is sorely missed.

Don't think anyone has ever won it. Whole thing is a complete non event.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Don't think anyone has ever won it. Whole thing is a complete non event.

Yeah, think folk from Britain have won the euro millions in that time :lol:.  Not sure what the issue was with the 5 star lottery, if it was down to payouts etc then they could have reduced the 1k winner to once a month/fortnight and changed the daily prizes slightly.  Was also good for discounts in the town/club shop etc.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, think folk from Britain have won the euro millions in that time :lol:.  Not sure what the issue was with the 5 star lottery, if it was down to payouts etc then they could have reduced the 1k winner to once a month/fortnight and changed the daily prizes slightly.  Was also good for discounts in the town/club shop etc.

They have outsourced it I think, probably cheaper and easier than paying and organising agents to sell tickets. Bit like the ticketing system.

A bunch of chancers that have a semi-working platform and launch anyway, then do bugger all to fix it for months. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I genuinely can't take another season of Reading at LB. My older brother, who isn't into football, came to the Falkirk game and just said "how is that guy a professional footballer?" 🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

I genuinely can't take another season of Reading at LB. My older brother, who isn't into football, came to the Falkirk game and just said "how is that guy a professional footballer?" 🤣🤣

He was terrible last season and there's no getting away from that but I honestly can't remember reading (pardon the pun) lots of outraged posts about him and his shortcomings over his first couple of seasons with us.

11 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

I think everyone is in agreement on Paddy . Possibly Ecrepont  will get to the middle of August to claim the shirt . If he can’t we may dive into the loans market !

Just now, railwayend said:

I think everyone is in agreement on Paddy . Possibly Ecrepont  will get to the middle of August to claim the shirt . If he can’t we may dive into the loans market !

RB is the priority for me as I'd rather have Reading and Ecrepont at LB as McAllister and Hewitt at RB.

In an ideal world we'd have replacements for both sides but very much doubt that will be happening.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He was terrible last season and there's no getting away from that but I honestly can't remember reading (pardon the pun) lots of outraged posts about him and his shortcomings over his first couple of seasons with us.

He was a bit of a poster boy at the beginning but after the fiasco v killie 1-3 his shortcomings were laid bare . Too many shortcomings for a Championship left back ! 

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The fact he was loaned out when Paddy was clearly struggling would make me think that the coaching staff believe Paddy is still miles ahead of him and as such I'd be shocked if Reading didn't start the season as our first choice LB.

47 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was it not the lockdown that gutted it? they should do their own draw from the hub and livestream it, like the raffle draw so at least someone wins it

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The fact he was loaned out when Paddy was clearly struggling would make me think that the coaching staff believe Paddy is still miles ahead of him and as such I'd be shocked if Reading didn't start the season as our first choice LB.

Yeah I was kinda disappointed when Ecrepont went out on loan last season. I'm hoping he's given a chance to start in the Viaplay Cup games to see how he compares. Hopefully some competition will make Reading a better player if he is to remain 1st choice LB

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Pie in the sky stuff unfortunately.

Strapp leaving Morton and signing for us would have been the equivalent of Alan Forrest leaving us and signing for Morton instead of Livingston.