The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

To be fair, he is meeting the cost himself, there is issues with gas and the land now needs piled which is “very expensive” the footprint will be the same, they just won’t fit out the sections until they can afford it.

Yep, dunno what's controversial or hilarious about this. Not like we'll be taking attendance hits every other week with the NT out of commish. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

To be fair, he is meeting the cost himself, there is issues with gas and the land now needs piled which is “very expensive” the footprint will be the same, they just won’t fit out the sections until they can afford it.

That's not quite as bad as I feared. By mothballed I thought we would end up with half a stand or some such. If it's just internal fit out I can live with that. That can be done later on. Were they not moving the offices over there as well?

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There wasn’t much in Bullens part, he’s going to make an effort to win league cup games this year, not so much in the Trust trophy.

Hes not getting an assistant it

The rest was all generic stuff you could probably guess. 

🫠

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The difference is that clubs in League 1 and 2 in Scotland aren't signing players for £250k and paying £5k per week, unlike some of their English counterparts, they're mostly part time and mostly living within their means.

Dunfermline and Falkirk on the other hand were both pulling in crowds of 4,000 and 5,000 while in League 1 so that doesn't really fit with the narrative of the Scottish Championship being well below the National League in England in terms of infrastructure / support etc as we can all cherry pick. In terms of spending power but you're right, there's very few teams in the Scottish Championship can compete with L2 in England as ultimately there's more money in England via sponsorship, TV money and general marketing of their leagues so it's no surprise that they can spend bigger, however some of them are spending WAY above their means and that's the point I was making about that happening here in the past and it not ending well for many.

"Incredibly, the average attendance for York City this season is 3,116, almost 1,000 clear of second place". 

In days gone by clubs were bailed out, however I'm not so sure there will be the same appetite in the future, given the state of the wider economy and attitude of the general public.....

Yorks average attendance last season was just over 5000. If challenging at the top I would expect that to rise to around 7000. The owners are aiming for the championship which is doable given the size of the city these days.

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To be fair, he is meeting the cost himself, there is issues with gas and the land now needs piled which is “very expensive”

I for one am astonished that a bit of crumbling concrete atop an earth embankment first put in place around the time of the first heavier-than-air flight might have some heretofore unseen structural concerns.

Anyway yes, it is his money, and the Hub worked out alright, and nobody expected to be on the NT for another year anyway. But this is undeniably a banter years bullet point, especially if it ends up looking basically like a more tinpot version of the old box in the interim.

2 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Yorks average attendance last season was just over 5000. If challenging at the top I would expect that to rise to around 7000. The owners are aiming for the championship which is doable given the size of the city these days.

York also has three times the population of Ayr and as a historical rugby town has the capacity for huge local support growth. Wattoo is an imbecile.

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That's not a bad outcome in the current climate tbf. Get the hospitality open and hopefully the cash will roll in to cover it

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Smith said they are mothballing parts of the new stand due to increase in costs, they will only build the hospitality section for now

This is actually good news because [insert credulous gibberish].