The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There has been some good adjustments to the old place in the last year or so. The car park was like an off road track before it was resurfaced. Then there is the new NT to look forward to.

All well and good but Somerset Road exterior always annoys me. So gloomy and Soviet-esque. Would we be allowed to put a mural there? I'm sure some local artist or students at the college could brighten the place up a bit. Unsure if it's a council concern considering it's on a road, (unlike Killie who have the murals)

Got be worth asking the club the same question, plenty of positivity to be gained from a link up like you suggest.

30 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Cummnock is a cowp. Nobody is relishing the fact that it is. It's state is pretty much reflective of the fate of most small ex mining/post industrial towns throughout Scotland which is a travesty and a complete sin. Whatever "steady improvement" there is has been from external investment farted down from the royal family in the form of Dumfries house, and a bit of redistributive spending from central government. It's a town kept on a drip.

And if Ayr is in a "death spiral", then Kilmarnock must be a festering corpse. It's fucking rancid. 

Ignorant nonsense. 

37 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All well and good but Somerset Road exterior always annoys me. So gloomy and Soviet-esque. Would we be allowed to put a mural there? I'm sure some local artist or students at the college could brighten the place up a bit. Unsure if it's a council concern considering it's on a road, (unlike Killie who have the murals)

We should replace the barbed wire prison look in favour of black and white spikes. That way we could assign one to each player and the coaching staff, would let them know when performances need to improve 

8 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Ignorant nonsense. 

It’s not though is it.

As someone who’s worked in Kilmarnock for the last five years I can safely say it’s an absolute tip and everyone I work with that lives there knows it. Ayr high street is also a shambles but to say it’s worse than Cumnock is nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

I see all the usual lazy stuff about Cumnock getting aired I’ll tell you this, it doesn’t look as bad as Ayr High Street currently does and there are far fewer empty buildings in the town. It has seen steady improvement as a town, largely due to Dumfries House Estate and local regeneration, while Ayr is on a death spiral. 

That Ayr High Street is even being compared to the post-industrial slums of the Blighted East shows just what incredible speed-run from thriving resort town to moribund commuter suburb the Tories wrought on it in little over 30 years.

Ayr High Street is a bit dreary. But most high streets in Scotland are. Go a stoat up Union Street in Aberdeen or anywhere other than Buchannan Street in Glasgow City Centre and you're looking at a urban wasteland. Ultimately our town centres are overly reliant on commercial zoning. As soon as shopping habits changed then town centres decline. We don't think of them as social/civic/recreational spaces.

I'm just back from the Basque Country. We were in Guernica and a few other wee places outside of Bilbao. They were all vibrant and buzzing with cafes and restaurants. All the civic buildings and schools were in the centre of the town. Folk had a reason to be there...Unless we alter our cultural outlook or uninvent Amazon, the Town Centre in Scotland is done.

3 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Anyway, back to the fitba...

What experienced pros are out there and actually available? I guess it depends what positions he wants to strengthen but I can’t see it being a defender as he already has McGinty and McAllister in there as his “shouters”. Can see it being a midfielder or a striker but I’m at a loss as to who’s out there and available. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What experienced pros are out there and actually available? I guess it depends what positions he wants to strengthen but I can’t see it being a defender as he already has McGinty and McAllister in there as his “shouters”. Can see it being a midfielder or a striker but I’m at a loss as to who’s out there and available. 

I'd imagine now it's going to be a player that's currently at another club who after the league cup games is going to arrange a mutual termination of contract at their current club and we'll sign  them as a free agent.

Unless we actually bid money for someone...

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They already have a bus running for players so have a contact for busses. I agree they should bring that in house instead of pubs running them could even be another income stream for them- as long as it’s run as above 

they only take a players bus to any game South of Perth , most games are by car , the reason being cost of buses are expensive , and majority of our players live nearer Glasgow than Ayr , if there was money to be made from running buses more people would be trying to run them , the travel club who run buses for over 20 years stopped doing last season as they were running at a loss 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Announce Spoony. 

Yes please. 

Can he play in more centrally alongside two of Murdoch, Dempsey, Smith and Pendlebury? Feel like we’d need a bit more pace on the right hand side. 

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aiden mcgeady 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes please. 

Can he play in more centrally alongside two of Murdoch, Dempsey, Smith and Pendlebury? Feel like we’d need a bit more pace on the right hand side. 

Randomguy will get back to you in 2-3 business days. 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes please. 

Transfermarkt says he played AM more than he did our wide, which I didn’t realise and as you say would be absolutely ideal for us. 

I was about to @RandomGuy.but see @itzdrkhas beaten me to it!

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Transfermarkt says he played AM more than he did our wide, which I didn’t realise and as you say would be absolutely ideal for us. 

I was about to @RandomGuy.but see @itzdrkhas beaten me to it!

Hes pretty much only played as a central player for us since the start of 20/21.

As part of a CM 3. One sat, one went box to box, then Wotherspoon was the attacking one who drifted onto the left flank to link with the wing back and try to create.

Pace isnt a plus with him, though, and i wouldn't want my two wingers being him and Murphy unless your wing backs are capable of bombing past them and creating. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes pretty much only played as a central player for us since the start of 20/21.

As part of a CM 3. One sat, one went box to box, then Wotherspoon was the attacking one who drifted onto the left flank to link with the wing back and try to create.

Pace isnt a plus with him, though, and i wouldn't want my two wingers being him and Murphy unless your wing backs are capable of bombing past them and creating. 

On the left it would be Paddy Reading so if we had Murphy on the left then Wotherspoon drifting out to support it would maybe be quite handy for him to have two experienced players alongside him. If he did sign it would be in that central role you talk about but in a 433 or maybe he’d playing off a striker in a 4231.