The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

8 points would surely guarantee a place in the next round? Saying that we will hump Alloa so cigars out lads 

8 points isn't a guarantee. 50/50 going by previous years

Edited by AuAl

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

8 points would surely guarantee a place in the next round? Saying that we will hump Alloa so cigars out lads 

I doubt 8 points will be amongst the top three runners up.

Highly unlikely 8 points will be enough to get you through in second place. 

Murphy head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Some other good performances too. Though Murdoch operated really well in breaking up play and keeping things ticking over, especially toward the end.

Amartey is raw but I like the look of him. Good hardworking performance overall.

I'm having horrible flash backs of a game we were confident of beating Alloa

Just now, Dauntless said:

its in our hands . time for everybody to get along on Saturday and give it the big one . only £12 ...

Buzzing for Saturday. Will be great to be back at Somerset. 

Just now, AuAl said:

Murphy head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Some other good performances too. Though Murdoch operated really well in breaking up play and keeping things ticking over, especially toward the end.

Amartey is raw but I like the look of him. Good hardworking performance overall.

Murphy is an absolute baller. Spectacular signing.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Well done the team!

Jamie Murphy is very good, reminded me of a prime Moff at times. he complements Amartey well on the other side. 

And that was us without a striker really…

Yes, Murphy looks top class, Amartey a definite upgrade on JML and Daire and all in all a great all round team performance with some decent football thrown in !!

The early signs are promising.....

Actually good to see our attacking force is looking dead strong without even McGeady and Rose being in.

By the sounds Murphy seems cultured with the ball and unlike O'Connor and JML, can cross a ball in which was missing after Chalmers of last year.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, Murphy looks top class, Amartey a definite upgrade on JML and Daire and all in all a great all round team performance with some decent football thrown in !!

The early signs are promising.....

Two/three signings in the right areas and we’ll be looking very decent I think. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Murphy is great think mcgeady could have the same impact too. Just need rose to start firing and we will be ok. 

reading did well when he came on and had that Ukrainian winger’s number straight away 

Reading putin some shift.

If Rose can be half the player that he looks on his highlight real that front three of him Franny and Murphy could be absolutely golden, was really nice to see our go to was to pass not hoof, thought Mcginty was a rock as well.

Edited by Superhursy7

Still need 2 full backs. Murphy looks a tremendous signing. Good to see two wide players actually run at their man and try to make something happen. And we still have Rose and McGeady to come in. 

Annoyingly, even if we win on Saturday, we might not be seeded as three teams can still get 12 points.