The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think he will 

I've a mate in Leith who swears McGeady will do a job for us "IF he can stay fit" - perhaps best as a sub or as a "cameo 55 mins". He rates him highly ("intelligent  footballer") so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's right.

Brilliant result last night, even without the aforementioned plus Musonda and Rose anywhere near it. Those three on form must surely be near Bullie's first pick? And I'm not gettin carried away - however the inclusion of so many academy boys is s-o-o-o-o  good to see. They might not all make it but some will and that's what we want surely - good academy youngsters in the team plus stick-on 'high value' finds like Dipo, god bless him.

Hoping Amartey continues to look like a quality signing on the quiet (and missed by a few higher level clubs) - he's quick and will cause problems if we get him on the ball often enough. Murphy looks like another quality signing - both will be fine for us in the summer and autumn fixtures but once the Scottish winter hits and the pitches become a little slower, they may need to have back-up via Rose and Mackenzie. Ashford continues to prove me wrong - he's a headless chicken at times but he definitely changed the game for us when he came on against Stirling and St Johnstone. 

COYA

8 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I've a mate in Leith who swears McGeady will do a job for us "IF he can stay fit" - perhaps best as a sub or as a "cameo 55 mins". He rates him highly ("intelligent  footballer") so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's right.

Brilliant result last night, even without the aforementioned plus Musonda and Rose anywhere near it. Those three on form must surely be near Bullie's first pick? And I'm not gettin carried away - however the inclusion of so many academy boys is s-o-o-o-o  good to see. They might not all make it but some will and that's what we want surely - good academy youngsters in the team plus stick-on 'high value' finds like Dipo, god bless him.

Hoping Amartey continues to look like a quality signing on the quiet (and missed by a few higher level clubs) - he's quick and will cause problems if we get him on the ball often enough. Murphy looks like another quality signing - both will be fine for us in the summer and autumn fixtures but once the Scottish winter hits and the pitches become a little slower, they may need to have back-up via Rose and Mackenzie. Ashford continues to prove me wrong - he's a headless chicken at times but he definitely changed the game for us when he came on against Stirling and St Johnstone. 

COYA

Yeah, if we can get an hour out of McGeady in even 20 - 25 games I would be delighted with that! 

10 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

COYA

Ashford seems to be one of those guys who come along every so often, who on his own ability and merits looks like a bit of a dumpling, however the team seem to play better when he plays for whatever reason, whether that's his nuisance qualities creating space for others or just generally good hard endeavour which keeps the opposition occupied.

Who knows ? he certainly isn't a world beater as an individual but is definitely a decent guy to have in the squad.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Thistle at home on Saturday 16th September changed to Friday night BBC game.

They really don't want these games on a Saturday. 

Suits me, on holiday just after so I'll save my cash.  

Getting Albison on a extended contract has been a fantastic bit of business that save early on in the first half was class, I thought he was the best keeper in the championship last season and if he does that again this season can see someone coming in for him.

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Getting Albison on a extended contract has been a fantastic bit of business that save early on in the first half was class, I thought he was the best keeper in the championship last season and if he does that again this season can see someone coming in for him.

Hope we can get him tied down again on another few year deal.  Would suspect Timmons might be having a word with the scouts down at Carlisle regarding him.

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

How exactly are we accommodating cameras since their usual position is a building site?

Now that is a good question.

McGeady ruptured his hamstring in February, and it was reported at the time he’d be out for 4-6 months.  We’re pretty much in the middle of that recovery timeframe, so seems unrealistic to think he’s ready to start games. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

McGeady ruptured his hamstring in February, and it was reported at the time he’d be out for 4-6 months.  We’re pretty much in the middle of that recovery timeframe, so seems unrealistic to think he’s ready to start games. 

Apparently he did pre season with hibs?

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Apparently he did pre season with hibs?

Not sure when Hibs would have started back, but given McGeady left at the end of June, I doubt he has done a proper pre-season.  Perhaps the original estimates of his recovery time were OTT, but a ruptured hamstring is a real long term injury.  Just seems to me that we might have to manage our expectations a bit on where he is fitness wise.  On the other hand, he might play 90 minutes on Saturday!

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I am now cautiously optimistic for the season ahead. 

Oh dear !!

We can revisit this at 4.50pm on Saturday after we've been humped 0-3 by the mighty Alloa and our league cup dreams are lying in tatters.

😉