The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Murdoch ruptured his ACL, would reckon that's his season done. Dempsey a tear in his meniscus so probably about 3 months.  Murphy 3-4 weeks from a contact injury.

Not so good but now confirms we need at least one quality Midfielder but probably two or we could have problems.

The highlights from yesterday, the things that stand out is that McGeady looks brilliant, Chalmers is class but we're lacking the final part when we get in front of goal. McGeady also looks like he can play as the link man just behind the striker which would then accommodate at least two of Murphy, Chalmers and Amartey which looks like it could be amazing to watch.

The other glaringly obvious take is that the Right back area is going to cause us SERIOUS issues throughout the season unless it's addressed as a major priority.

Nick's a nice guy and gives 100% for the jersey but he's just nowhere near good enough to be starting at RB and surely everyone must know this.

The bottom line is that we need a RB, a CM and another striker although I'm certainly not writing off Rose.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Not so good but now confirms we need at least one quality Midfielder but probably two or we could have problems.

The highlights from yesterday, the things that stand out is that McGeady looks brilliant, Chalmers is class but we're lacking the final part when we get in front of goal. McGeady also looks like he can play as the link man just behind the striker which would then accommodate at least two of Murphy, Chalmers and Amartey which looks like it could be amazing to watch.

The other glaringly obvious take is that the Right back area is going to cause us SERIOUS issues throughout the season unless it's addressed as a major priority.

Nick's a nice guy and gives 100% for the jersey but he's just nowhere near good enough to be starting at RB and surely everyone must know this.

The bottom line is that we need a RB, a CM and another striker although I'm certainly not writing off Rose.

I don't think we're going to see another defender in now.  Priority a CM, can't see us getting 2 with Dempsey maybe back for November and another striker. Still think Ahui can come good at right back and looks like it'll be Reading with Ecrepont as emergency cover.  That's the cards we're being dealt so just have to go with it.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I don't think we're going to see another defender in now.  Priority a CM, can't see us getting 2 with Dempsey maybe back for November and another striker. Still think Ahui can come good at right back and looks like it'll be Reading with Ecrepont as emergency cover.  That's the cards we're being dealt so just have to go with it.

Pretty sure we'll pick up a centre back when the winter window opens for cover (AFCON) and that'll be us unless there's drastic loss of form or injury.  

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'd imagine Ahui will get a chance against Falkirk but if he doesn't take it then the top priority has to be a RB as we simply can't go in to the season with no RB and no RB cover unless we're going to stick either Musonda or Stanger out there.

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pretty sure we'll pick up a centre back when the winter window opens for cover (AFCON) and that'll be us unless there's drastic loss of form or injury.  

Aye that's what I was thinking, something needed for when Musonda pisses off.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye that's what I was thinking, something needed for when Musonda pisses off.

We've still got Stanger and McGinty where we don't actually have a competent RB at all.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surprised that’s not been mentioned actually, particularly after Callum commenting on how well he did and McGeady getting it tight for that goal - woeful goalkeeping!

Look more closely. He reacts to the first effort, which McGinty blocks. The ball then bounces off the Livingston player, leaving Mutch with little chance.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We've still got Stanger and McGinty where we don't actually have a competent RB at all.

We have 3 right backs.  Going into January, we will only have 2 centre halves.  Whether you believe they are competent or not doesn't matter, we can't let Musonda go away on international duty with no cover whatsoever.  We won't sign another right back, we can just hope now Ahui is bedded in properly he can come on to a game.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m the exclusive dick on this thread mate. You’ve got a lot to learn.

You have definitely had a great start to the season and anyone beating the Two Cheeks is a plus.

How long before there is a demand by the old firm to ban artificial pitches in the Premier League?

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Murdoch ruptured his ACL, would reckon that's his season done. Dempsey a tear in his meniscus so probably about 3 months.  Murphy 3-4 weeks from a contact injury.

That's minging news.  Hasn't Murdoch done his ACL before?  Could well be the end of him depending on how bad it is 😟