The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Yeah he had the same injury in the 19/20 season and was gone rest of the season so likely that’s him done

I don't think he was ever the same player after the injury he picked up at Firhill.

36 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We have 3 right backs.  Going into January, we will only have 2 centre halves.  Whether you believe they are competent or not doesn't matter, we can't let Musonda go away on international duty with no cover whatsoever.  We won't sign another right back, we can just hope now Ahui is bedded in properly he can come on to a game.

I get what you're saying but it's surely about competence as opposed to numbers.

Using the same logic there's no way we'll be bringing in another striker as we have Rose, Bryden, Amartey, Murphy, Ashford, McKenzie and a couple of young boys who are strikers, however I think most of us would agree that we could do with another out and out striker.

11 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Yeah he had the same injury in the 19/20 season and was gone rest of the season so likely that’s him done

That's bad, above anything though I wish him a good recovery. When or if he returns, I just hope he recovers.

Our only chance of getting someone that can play RB is offloading Ecrepont and adding someone that can play either RB or LB. 

Failing that it’ll be offloading Ahui in January if he isn’t up to scratch, hopefully he has a stormer against Falkirk and kicks on though.

We should have got Tumilty in January IMO - even at that we would have had another chance to get him in summer. 

Edited by No_Problemo

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I get what you're saying but it's surely about competence as opposed to numbers.

Using the same logic there's no way we'll be bringing in another striker as we have Rose, Bryden, Amartey, Murphy, Ashford, McKenzie and a couple of young boys who are strikers, however I think most of us would agree that we could do with another out and out striker.

I would imagine we'll see a striker away sooner or later (Ashford most likely).  Wouldn't mind seeing Amartey given a shot up front partnering Rose.

Thats a gutter for Murdoch, I know us Morton fans gave him pelters after his challenge on Quitongo but to hear he has such a serious injury is heart-breaking for the boy. 

Hopefully he will recover and play again.

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

How long before there is a demand by the old firm to ban artificial pitches in the Premier League?

Well that would something I'd support, as well as in all professional leagues (and it'd be a first for me agreeing with the OF).  

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

Well that would something I'd support, as well as in all professional leagues (and it'd be a first for me agreeing with the OF).  

I think there’s a place for good ones, which there are a few of in the lower leagues. The Killie one looks absolutely woeful though. 

There clearly needs to be some sort of regulation in terms of clubs just allowing them to completely dry out for certain games too. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Thats a gutter for Murdoch, I know us Morton fans gave him pelters after his challenge on Quitongo but to hear he has such a serious injury is heart-breaking for the boy. 

Hopefully he will recover and play again.

Was it that challenge which caused the injury? Wasn't at the game but seen on this highlights he stayed down after that challenge and can't remember if he has played since?