The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Bryden out on loan jacubiak in. Decent squad player for Championship. Ideally we should push the boat out and bring in a proven goalscorer. Need a brick shithouse of a defensive midfielder (Liam Bridcutt), and a box to box attacking midfielder. That would see us well. 

Other than playing 2 games for Scotland due to having a Scottish grandfather I'm not sure what other reason people think would make Bridcutt a realistic target. Played his full career down south and unlikely to uproot his wife and kids to play in the Scottish Championship.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Other than playing 2 games for Scotland due to having a Scottish grandfather I'm not sure what other reason people think would make Bridcutt a realistic target. Played his full career down south and unlikely to uproot his wife and kids to play in the Scottish Championship.

You're sailing close to the wind with this national team chat...

854982995_2950726.main_image2.thumb.jpg.f7bef4069159402534b81b831619e120.jpg

Surprised they've managed to get so many away in one window tbh, would have thought it'd take at least two. We did have a fairly large squad last season anyway did we not so value the 'quality' over quantity approach.

Ashford may very well be a forward but it's not at this level. Best of luck to him anyway, sour grapes farewell message aside. He was by no means the worst I've seen in an Ayr top recently.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

It's well known that women and children don't like to live in Scotland.

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How many additions we likely to see?Obviously we need 2x centre mids but I'm still hoping for a left back and striker. 

If I had to guess I’d say three and they’ll likely be loans. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

We are not signing another right back ahui will be better than the performance against Morton 

My concern is that he's been Bangala'd

A fleeting sub appearance then a couple of weeks training and the club have realised they have signed a banger. 

I hope not but they could have given him minutes before now. If he doesn't play against Falkirk then there is something up. 

I think Bullen is doing him a favour by taking him out the picture until he feels he’s ready. He would never have played against Morton if McAllister hadn’t injured himself. I’d play him against Falkirk from the start and see what he’s like. 

We aren’t going to be signing another right back and if Ahui turns out to be utter shite then I’d be hoping Watret gets a chance. 

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We aren’t going to be signing another right back and if Ahui turns out to be utter shite then I’d be hoping Watret gets a chance. 

This is the way.

McAllister isn't great though. Controversially, his best performances have been at centre half.