The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Overall it's been a pretty disappointing and under whelming Summer transfer window with 11 additions and 15 outgoings (Not counted Pendlbury as either) but are we any better than last season? The jury is still out but the signs don't look promising. That's not to say we haven't signed some good players, Stanger has stood out, Murphy looked decent prior to his injury and Amartey has shown glimpses of promise. Getting Chalmers back is also massive, he can be a real game changer however the rest either haven't played enough or under whelmed. Given the money we got for Dipo I had hoped to see some more established championship players come in. There is also still some glaring weaknesses within the team that haven't been addressed. We haven't signed a LB which Bullen referenced at the Q&A as needing. We've signed a RB but whether he's any better than McAllister is up for debate. Number 9 position is still a worry, Rose hasn't looked great and Bryden/McKenzie aren't good enough to be starters at this level.

We obviously still have a month to try and address these issues but I'm not convinced we will.

Going forward and once Murphy is back I'd be playing a 4-2-3-1 with a back 4 of McAllister/Ahui, Stanger, Musonda and Reading. Two of Smith, Young, Syla and Senga as holding midfielders with Chalmers, McGeady and Murphy behind Amartey. 

We were never going to replace Dipo but as long as we went at least half way there, like Adeloye did, it would at least keep us off bottom, worst case scenario. I am not sure we have done that yet. 
Defence is much the same, that is a worry, Stanger is about the same as Kirk but is our player which is an advantage. 
Midfield, Murphy was an upgrade but the three first choice players getting injured and Pendlebury leaving could mean we are weaker than last season, at least for another couple of months. 

A lot of how this season goes depends on who we bring in as a forward and how the new guys perform in midfield. 

Looks like Bullen has finally see the light .....as McKenzie's performance last week was nothing short of atrocious.......

Hope the new lads get up to speed quick....

On a more positive note and one we seem to have almost forgotten....we have LOGAN CHALMERS....

who has the ability to absolutely destroy teams if he turns it on....

Moan the Ayr 

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Looks like Bullen has finally see the light .....as McKenzie's performance last week was nothing short of atrocious.......

Hope the new lads get up to speed quick....

On a more positive note and one we seem to have almost forgotten....we have LOGAN CHALMERS....

who has the ability to absolutely destroy teams if he turns it on....

Moan the Ayr 

It might be Stockholm Syndrome but I don't think McKenzie was atrocious last week.  He was being asked to do things he has shown time and time again he cannot do.  He played part of the game as an attacking midfielder and the rest on the wing.  He's a target man.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It might be Stockholm Syndrome but I don't think McKenzie was atrocious last week.  He was being asked to do things he has shown time and time again he cannot do.  He played part of the game as an attacking midfielder and the rest on the wing.  He's a target man.  

......doesn't really explain the fact he can't control the ball and his first touch is like a shot but ok 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Get a new manager in to try and work with these players. Then get a new recruitment team in so we don’t end up with a group like this again. 

Can’t believe I’m sticking up for him again, but I actually feel a bit sorry for Bullen with the mess he has been provided with.