The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Clutching at straws here but I’d like to think that Smith wouldn’t hesitate to sack Bullen if he felt he had to. He showed he was quite ruthless with sacking Kerr and Duffy and I’d like to think he’d do the same with Bullen. But of course we don’t know if he sees what we are very clearly seeing!

I think the bigger question is whether he should sack Mathie. 

Just now, Nelson said:

I think the bigger question is whether he should sack Mathie. 

I don’t see Mathie going anytime soon, Smith very clearly sees him as someone who is part of “the project”. The fact that Smith is clear about our ambitions means I think he wouldn’t hesitate to sack Bullen if he had to.

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

Don’t know the history with Mathie at Hibs but how did he lose his job there?

Fell out with the Gordon’s because he complained to them over not being able to get Jamie McGrath on deadline day. Don’t know if he resigned or got sacked though.

2 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Don’t know the history with Mathie at Hibs but how did he lose his job there?

Don’t know.  But he sounds like every management consultant I’ve ever come across. Lots of talk and PowerPoint slides.  This is his management structure.  From the manager to the Technical Director to the head of recruitment, it’s on him.  We had one decent forward last season and we’ve known since January that he wouldn’t be here this season, and yet on the 2nd of September, we find ourselves looking to Mark McKenzie, who should have been freed in the Summer, to find a goal.  Utter negligence and the buck stops with Mathie.

Who would people want as manager if Bullen was to go?

Personally not sure, but we could do far worse than Jim McIntyre till the end of the season as a short term fix, then going again next summer with a clean slate. Has proven success at this level and above.

McCall!

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Don’t know.  But he sounds like every management consultant I’ve ever come across. Lots of talk and PowerPoint slides.  This is his management structure.  From the manager to the Technical Director to the head of recruitment, it’s on him.  We had one decent forward last season and we’ve known since January that he wouldn’t be here this season, and yet on the 2nd of September, we find ourselves looking to Mark McKenzie, who should have been freed in the Summer, to find a goal.  Utter negligence and the buck stops with Mathie.

Did rose look injured? Saw people saying it looked like he could have continued 

Who would people want as manager if Bullen was to go?

Personally not sure, but we could do far worse than Jim McIntyre till the end of the season as a short term fix, then going again next summer with a clean slate. Has proven success at this level and above.

Dougie Imrie looks like he's got all he can out that Morton team.  

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Just get McCall in as head of recruitment - we know he wouldn’t sign mountains of absolute dross. Someone else to be manager mind. 

I think he is interested in something like that as it was reported he wanted to move upstairs at Partick before he left.