The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

He also returned in 85 to get us promoted again. 

You said you shouldn't return to old managers, we have done, twice, and it worked both times, 100% success rate. 

Aye very good. Absolutely nothing to say it would work again, in fact probabilities would tell you it wouldnt be a success.

McCall made his bed, it didn't work out for him at Thistle, all parties move on.

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Out of all the mess how the f**k is it that the only team we've managed to beat is Inverness

Out of all the teams that's the last fucking one i'd of thought it would have been...

Because they've got an even bigger haddie in the dugout. Coupled with the biggest duffer as CEO in Gardiner. A truly terrible combination.

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Out of all the mess how the f**k is it that the only team we've managed to beat is Inverness

Out of all the teams that's the last fucking one i'd of thought it would have been...

For all his faults - and he has many - Bullen has banished that hoodoo.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just came across the first Mathie out post on Twitter. Some people shouldn’t be allowed access to the internet.

The world was a much nicer place when the internet was less accessible tbh.

Or at least that's how I remember it. I could be blinkered by nostalgia for care-free times and dial-up internet that made a fucking racket.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Just came across the first Mathie out post on Twitter. Some people shouldn’t be allowed access to the internet.

The spotlight should be shone on Mathie as well. The recruitment and the 'plan' is his. Hopefully Smith is holding him to account behind the scenes. 

I'm not surprised some are taking the Mathie Out stance. Some of our fans love Bullen and I could see them wanting Mathie gone rather than Bullen. 

25 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

What part of it isn't true? He left us for Partick and couldn't hide his delight at doing so.

You don't go back with characters like that, we were good for each other at the time but the ship has long since sailed.

A Rhys McCabe type would be the way I would look to go if the opportunity ever arose.

I agree in terms of a Rhys McCabe in terms of someone with a good style and attacking philosophy. From all accounts they gave Dundee United a test tomorrow, with most of their midfield missing - imagine that!

McCabe himself obviously wouldn't touch us though. Like McCall, if the next manager is successful they will leave - that is football!

I certainly don’t want McCall back as manager either, we do need support in terms of our recruitment from somewhere though. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree in terms of a Rhys McCabe in terms of someone with a good style and attacking philosophy. From all accounts they gave Dundee United a test tomorrow, with most of their midfield missing - imagine that!

That's some achievement. Is McCabe also a time traveller?

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don't really see what's ridiculous about saying that? He's as much too blame for this shambles as Bullen imo

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McCabe himself obviously wouldn't touch us though. Like McCall, if the next manager is successful they will leave - that is football!

I think he'd see us as a better long term option than Airdrie, he instills an attractive playing style and formation for us to build on and gives us a couple of good seasons at least if he were to then move on.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's some achievement. Is McCabe also a time traveller?

Haha; very good manager!

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don't really see what's ridiculous about saying that? He's as much too blame for this shambles as Bullen imo

His role is far far bigger than recruitment. Overall he has been a positive, there clearly need to be questions asked in terms of the recruitment processes and who’s responsibility it is though. 

21 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

We've only played another 3 and one of them was the league's out and out favourites !!

Honestly, some of you have really lost the plot here !!!

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I think he'd see us as a better long term option than Airdrie, he instills an attractive playing style and formation for us to build on and gives us a couple of good seasons at least if he were to then move on.

A good season with them and he is probably looking towards the top league though! Whereas he takes over us and has to change absolutely everything on the playing side and this season really becomes a write off. 

We've had a tough start with a few injuries, that's it.

Thank God Smith isn't an idiot and influenced by some of the utter nonsense being posted on here, there's lots of you behaving like spoiled old firm fans and it's really NOT a good look !!

Just now, WATTOO said:

We've had a tough start with a few injuries, that's it.

Thank God Smith isn't an idiot and influenced by some of the utter nonsense being posted on here, there's lots of you behaving like spoiled old firm fans and it's really NOT a good look !!

#weareunited 

or in your case...

#weeayrunited 

Have some ambition man and some standards. You really are clutching at straws.

Was absolutely raging with that last night (and I wasn't even there!), and have calmed down a bit this morning, but time is up for Bullen. I disagreed with the idea of sacking him after the playoffs and felt he should've been given another chance to go again with a bigger budget due to the Dipo money. This season was never going to be a pretty watch especially with Dipo away and me feeling like I've been made homeless with the NT being shut, but under Bullen we look like we're going nowhere but into a relegation fight. He'll probably get the next three league games at a minimum though. (and I'm expecting us to lose all of them) 

Another manager could absolutely get more out of this side, but I'm not sure who that is. I suggested McIntyre until the end of the season last night but I don't think he'll fit in with the clubs "vision", so will probably be some youth coach from Celtic or something with McGeady as assistant.

Also shouts for Mathie to go are madness. Transfers could've been better this summer but the off the park stuff he's done for the club has been massive and have taken us forward quite a bit.