The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

Improvement is meaningless unless it raises the team to or beyond the level of other teams in the division. That's yet to be seen.

This is a bitter view. To say improvement of any kind is meaningless. Unless Bullen gets us promoted, any steps forward are meaningless?

There are a lot of reasons we failed at the start of the season and some of them were around the players that were not available to us for whatever reason. Some were the players brought in and then Bullens ability comes in to it. 

Some players are back, the midfielders brought in at the last minute are bedding in and we signed Dowds. 

The first two of these have eased, the last is down to Bullen to prove in the coming weeks(days)

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We scored in the 50th. 

Which had the square root of f**k all to do with pressuring the centre midfielder in defence.

From memory, Murphy whipped in a cross when he had 2/3 men on him on the NT side and Dowds headed it in. It wasn't because we were targeting the Raith captain. He was maybe marking Dowds I can't remember, but given the quality of the ball in. No centre half was stopping Dowds.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This is a bitter view. To say improvement of any kind is meaningless. Unless Bullen gets us promoted, any steps forward are meaningless?

There are a lot of reasons we failed at the start of the season and some of them were around the players that were not available to us for whatever reason. Some were the players brought in and then Bullens ability comes in to it. 

Some players are back, the midfielders brought in at the last minute are bedding in and we signed Dowds. 

The first two of these have eased, the last is down to Bullen to prove in the coming weeks(days)

Oh, no, I was meaning improvement from being bottom of the league is meaningless unless it results in not being relegated.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So we should play him today, so he can get roasted a little earlier?

He doesn’t show anyone anywhere, he gets done constantly but has some recovery pace!

We aren't giving him a chance to learn the Scottish game, he's not our player so I'm not that invested in him and his development, if we had signed him permanently, I'd be more annoyed. Bangala had more games and Ahui looks like he's at least watched the sport before. 

I watched him in both the Raith and Celtic game and flitted between, he's actually not bad to oh for f**k sake. He had Johnston beat because he always took outside, Ahui followed him before twatting him at the goal line every time. When the right back came forward, of he faced any of the midfielders, 50% of the time it was a free kick and the other half a centre back had to pick him up. 

There is no doubt we have improved from where we were but we're 7 games into a 36 game season. Pretty much a fifth of the way through the season.

It hasn't been good enough and we're still conceding 2 goals a game. We won't win many association games of football when conceding 2 goals.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Oh, no, I was meaning improvement from being bottom of the league is meaningless unless it results in not being relegated.

If we play like we did against Queens Park, in a way to win the game we will be ok, too often we line up to try and stop teams playing and f**k it early. 

If we play like we did in the second half last week, restrict the opposition to 1-2 chances while creating half a dozen our self then we should be ok. These are the parts Bullen needs to fix now.