The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m surprised the seggy fence is still standing. Anyone know if it’s getting brought down?

7 minutes ago, ecocme said:

I’m hoping it’s home fans only in the new stand and on the terrace. Plenty of room for them in the Railway end and corner of main stand. 

Pretty sure Smith said at the start it was still up for debate hence possibly why it's currently still standing. In an ideal world i'd like us to get whole length of the pitch on the North Side and just give away fans seating in corner of main stand and terrace behind goals. 

However pretty sure new stand plans have a food kiosk and toilets at each end so presume facilities closest to the railway end will be meant for away fans...

On 23/10/2023 at 18:40, Richey Edwards said:

Keep it as something to stimulate discussion in your own clubs thread that hasn't been posted in since the 2nd of September.

With so much interest in Ayr on here you wonder why the crowds at Somerset are so low.

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m surprised the seggy fence is still standing. Anyone know if it’s getting brought down?

Just waiting for us to get a dodgy penalty next time we play at home to Airdrie and it'll come down for free.

10 hours ago, ecocme said:

I’m hoping it’s home fans only in the new stand and on the terrace. Plenty of room for them in the Railway end and corner of main stand. 

Was thinking this too. Would love to be able to have home fans right up to the far end of the North Terrace when we are shooting that way. 

Basically, one end of the Main Stand, the enclosure in front of the Stand and the Railway End should be plenty space. Might be exceptional circumstances where we can use one of the partition things clubs use, to give away fans some of the NT - but my ideal scenario is that we only do that if it is deemed there is enough demand to make it quite profitable for the club (i.e. a big cup tie) for example. We would still get the usual fans back and forth over the corner between NT and Railway End.

When there is small away crowds, then the portion of the Main Stand and Enclosure should suffice, with Ayr fans allowed to utilise terraces on all 3 sides, imo.

At a lot of clubs there is an increasing theme of away fans being given slightly less space / less ideal areas in favour of home fans (which I have absolutely no issue with), so I think we should be looking to do the same post redevelopment of the NT.

33 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Was thinking this too. Would love to be able to have home fans right up to the far end of the North Terrace when we are shooting that way. 

Basically, one end of the Main Stand, the enclosure in front of the Stand and the Railway End should be plenty space. Might be exceptional circumstances where we can use one of the partition things clubs use, to give away fans some of the NT - but my ideal scenario is that we only do that if it is deemed there is enough demand to make it quite profitable for the club (i.e. a big cup tie) for example. We would still get the usual fans back and forth over the corner between NT and Railway End.

When there is small away crowds, then the portion of the Main Stand and Enclosure should suffice, with Ayr fans allowed to utilise terraces on all 3 sides, imo.

At a lot of clubs there is an increasing theme of away fans being given slightly less space / less ideal areas in favour of home fans (which I have absolutely no issue with), so I think we should be looking to do the same post redevelopment of the NT.

Giving any of the new stand & old north bank to away fans would mean 7//8 ‘s (home fans) of punters using one set of catering outlets and toilets . Not great . Away fans in the railway end . Buff said . Anyway I think season ticked demand for the seats in the new stand will out strip supply . 

35 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Yeah this.  There are only a handful of clubs who would require part of the North Terrace and none of them are in this league on a normal match day.  Part of the Main Stand and terrace below and Railway end if needed, if not we can move round.

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Giving any of the new stand & old north bank to away fans would mean 7//8 ‘s (home fans) of punters using one set of catering outlets and toilets . Not great . Away fans in the railway end . Buff said . Anyway I think season ticked demand for the seats in the new stand will out strip supply . 

It will be interesting to see how the seating splits the crowd once the dust settles. Would assume the new stand will be very busy the first few games, but there will always be people who have always sat/stood in the same place etc. 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

It will be interesting to see how the seating splits the crowd once the dust settles. Would assume the new stand will be very busy the first few games, but there will always be people who have always sat/stood in the same place etc. 

I'm just looking to being dry and free from gulls .

4 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

I'm just looking to being dry and free from gulls .

Tbh i doubt the terracing infront of the stand is going to be that sheltered by the elements given the roof is quite high to accommodate the hospitality behind

Little known fact.

As well as being a Vietnam war era reboot of Heart of Darkness, Francis Ford Coppola also intended parts of the film to provide commentary on the plight of DKBs. Here he has Martin Sheen talk about the drudgery of Killie life and cuisine. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

12 hours ago, railwayend said:

Thought those seats were only for hospitality?