The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

McGeady doesn’t have the legs to play out wide anymore.  Would be interesting to see if he could do something for us as a no 10 behind Dowds.  McKenzie and Rose aren’t the answer, so probably worth giving it a try.

I don’t think he has the legs in a 4-4-2 in terms of the defensive side of the game. He still has a very good burst of pace though - all about how people are positioned around him to get the best out of him. We obviously haven’t so far!

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think he has the legs in a 4-4-2 in terms of the defensive side of the game. He still has a very good burst of pace though - all about how people are positioned around him to get the best out of him. We obviously haven’t so far!

It’s probably a moot argument given he’ll break down injured again.  I’m not convinced Murphy has the legs to play in a 4-4-2 either.  Maybe we could get away with it if our full backs could defend.

19 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s probably a moot argument given he’ll break down injured again.  I’m not convinced Murphy has the legs to play in a 4-4-2 either.  Maybe we could get away with it if our full backs could defend.

That would certainly help!

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

A lot of things are going "narrowly past the post" according to our Twitter.

Aye, keepers touched it round a couple of times, Dowds dragged it a few ft wide a couple of times