The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How did we actually play yesterday? 

In some folks eyes that clearly doesn't matter.

Criticise the substitutions when we get beat, fair enough.

Criticise the substitutions when we win, not so fair.

If we did have over 20 efforts on goal and 10 on target, I'll take that in every game between now and the end of the season.

Edited by BukyOHare

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

In some folks eyes that clearly doesn't matter.

Criticise the substitutions when we get beat, fair enough.

Criticise the substitutions when we win, not so fair.

If we did have over 20 efforts on goal and 10 on target, I'll take that in every game between now and the end of the season.

Ultimately, getting through is all that matters - but we did still draw with a league two side in normal time. It isn’t good enough, and is a continuation of the worrying signs following the Queens Park collapse. 

On the bright side the mentality is clearly still there with the players given the late comeback. 

Next weekend is looking like a huge moment in this season. 

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ultimately, getting through is all that matters - but we did still draw with a league two side in normal time. It isn’t good enough, and is a continuation of the worrying signs following the Queens Park collapse. 

Again bang on . 

If we hadn’t made a habit of playing absolutely shite and struggling past lower league teams in the cup the last year, then the above would make sense.

In the context of what people can actually see with their eyes, though, it’s a load of tripe.

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It isn’t good enough, and is a continuation of the worrying signs following the Queens Park collapse. 

I'd say it was more in common with last season's scrape throughs against Pollock and Elgin . Which really isn't good enough as a bigger picture . A one off yes but a trend of near things against lower and non league opposition isn't good enough .

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

I'd say it was more in common with last season's scrape throughs against Pollock and Elgin . Which really isn't good enough as a bigger picture . A one off yes but a trend of near things against lower and non league opposition isn't good enough .

But its a long running trend against lower league and same league opposition folk aren't happy about. 

7 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

In the cup it really doesn't matter .

3 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Which is it?

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Possibly - I think we’ll find out more next weekend how much trouble we are in. 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Possibly - I think we’ll find out more next weekend how much trouble we are in. 

Hopefully no Arbroath manager bounce and we actually win a game at home and play with a wee bit of panache. I'm maybe asking for too much with the later tbf.

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

Find it funny that LB says that "The important thing is we got through to the next round of the cup today, no body will remember how we got there.  The game today reminded me of the Elgin game last season".    It looks like many of us fans remember the games last season...

Getting through in the cup is the main thing, but requiring extra-time to get past a part-time team two divisions below us doesn't bode well.

Maybe I expect too much though.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dauntless and BukyOhare running miles clear of the rest of the pack in the biggest Ayr fan race. 

So by your definition those critical every week about pretty much everything aren't "big" fans (whatever that actually means).

Its all about results and come the end if the season, what people will ultimately be judged on. Style and substance less so.

We should've finished 5th last season according to a lot on here, we'll be in and around there again imo.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

So by your definition those critical every week about pretty much everything aren't "big" fans (whatever that actually means).

Its all about results and come the end if the season, what people will ultimately be judged on. Style and substance less so.

We should've finished 5th last season according to a lot on here, we'll be in and around there again imo.

No chance this squad of players will finish 5th, I'm hoped to be proved wrong but I can't see 4 worse teams than us in the league