The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

An Morton win on Tuesday and an unlikely Arbroath win on Wednesday could see us 9th, Below Morton. 

At least we put plenty of effort in today though. 

If Smith and Mathie are going to keep polishing this turd then they better be planning on spending big in January because this shower of shite isn't picking up points with Bullen in the dugout and the longer this goes on, the worse it looks for them. 

No one expected us to get anything today but we put all our cards on the table early, went at it and fell short early on. 

Didn't look like really scoring and the substitutions were weak. But looking at the bench, that is all we have. Every sub was almost a downgrade and we got further away from a result. The goal was another shambles. You could think, if we cut out the mistakes, we'd be a half decent team. This team has been making these mistakes continuously for several months.  

I'm thankfully working so wasn't there but I don't think this is the game where we see Bullen walk/get pushed.

Dundee United away is probably the only game in the league where I'd not expect anything from. It's the games against the shite, Morton, Airdrie, Arbroath that we have to win and I don't see us doing that. 

Said at the start of the season he'd be gone by the new year but it won't be this week.

Not a terrible result but it’s another defeat and we’re slipping closer to the bottom two. It just feels inevitable that he leaves and I’d say we need 4 points from the next two games as a bare minimum. 

30 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The last of that is complete delusion. The support appreciating yet another defeat when you consider the position we're in is crazy, no doubt a hard working 1-0 defeat will keep Bullen in a job for another week.

I looked around myself today and I could see that the majority of the folk that were there are only there for a day out, as is the case with most away games. That’s why they clap like seals after every defeat.

Today wasn’t bad. We’ve seen plenty worse. But I can’t think of many games over the years where I’ve gave as little of a f**k as I did today. Didn’t expect anything, didn’t get anything. I have no excitement right now for any of our games. Relegation battles where you’re fighting to just maintain the status quo are as bad as it gets.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If we’re basing our success on them let’s just call it a day.

We're already basing results on how many we managed not to concede after a loss and pointing to it as some kind of improvement so it's fair game. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Jordan Houston doesn't even get a start for them and he was starting for us last season. That's frightening. 

Frightening but no surprise to anyone who watched him. An utterly shocking footballer and he cracked 100 games for us. Chuck any of our current full backs down there and they’d get exactly the same treatment however.

If the clubs special offer on match tickets were £4 for two games rather than save £4 over two games, I still doubt the Airdrie game would break 1200 folk. 

The Airdrie game is completely winnable and we need to win it but the whole club needs a boot up the arse. No home games in over a month and barely a home win in 2 years, away form has taken a dip and folk just can’t be fucked. 

Something big needs to happen to get folk excited about going again but I’ve no idea what. 

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Frightening but no surprise to anyone who watched him. An utterly shocking footballer and he cracked 100 games for us. Chuck any of our current full backs down there and they’d get exactly the same treatment however.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What's frightening is the thought of being in the same league as them next season. 

Agreed on both counts. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the clubs special offer on match tickets were £4 for two games rather than save £4 over two games, I still doubt the Airdrie game would break 1200 folk. 

The Airdrie game is completely winnable and we need to win it but the whole club needs a boot up the arse. No home games in over a month and barely a home win in 2 years, away form has taken a dip and folk just can’t be fucked. 

Something big needs to happen to get folk excited about going again but I’ve no idea what. 

I doubt even sacking Bullen would see a rise in crowds or interest. It will have to come down to a mixture of a change in the dugout and some decent activity in January. Even then this season is already a write off which isn’t ideal when next season is going to be all about the grand opening of a new stand that they’ll barely be able to fill because no one is interested. 

That's Veldman away from QP.

ICT, Arbroath and now QP acting on what they see as concerning form and stagnation around the club.

If we're not careful things could start to look really ugly by the start of the new year.

Queen Park are the most comparable to where we are. They finished 3rd (same points as us) and now sitting a 1 point behind us in 8th with a GD 3 worse than ours.

Questions should rightly be asked of our boardroom. Things simply cannot continue as they are.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I doubt even sacking Bullen would see a rise in crowds or interest. It will have to come down to a mixture of a change in the dugout and some decent activity in January. Even then this season is already a write off which isn’t ideal when next season is going to be all about the grand opening of a new stand that they’ll barely be able to fill because no one is interested. 

6 weeks ago, announcing a 2 year deal for Chalmers would be huge. Now it would barely create half a page on here due to the complete apathy.

Hints at movements would be a benefit, signs that they are trying to improve at least would be a start.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hints at movements would be a benefit, signs that they are trying to improve at least would be a start.

There's absolutely no chance of any rumours going around for a club our size until late December at the earliest. There are plenty things to rightfully criticize Bullen, Smith and Mathie for but this isn't one of them.