The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’d have to pay up his contract, so not sure it would free up any cash.

If he’s made the decision to pack it in then we won’t have to pay up his contract. If we’re offloading him because we don’t think he can carry on after this injury then aye maybe so. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’s made the decision to pack it in then we won’t have to pay up his contract. If we’re offloading him because we don’t think he can carry on after this injury then aye maybe so. 

I think that’s a shitty thing to do to him so I don’t see us making that decision tbh. Must be from his side otherwise we would have done that in the summer surely 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’s retiring on medical advice, we’d 100% have to pay up his contract or negotiate a settlement that the player accepts..  The only reason I can see for a mutual termination is if he has another opportunity that he wants to take up immediately.  We can’t just  offload him - amazes me that so many fans think you can unilaterally terminate a contract because the player is injured.  

21 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If he’s retiring on medical advice, we’d 100% have to pay up his contract or negotiate a settlement that the player accepts..  The only reason I can see for a mutual termination is if he has another opportunity that he wants to take up immediately.  We can’t just  offload him - amazes me that so many fans think you can unilaterally terminate a contract because the player is injured.  

Aye, employment law still applies to football clubs.

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Aye, he isn’t just going to forfeit his wages for the next however many months - even if he is going to retire. 

I hope it’s nonsense anyway - appreciate what you had when he isn’t there type of thing. 

Just no been the same since the first injury sadly.  Hope if he is away he has something lined up and were not just Salkelding him as he did us a good turn while he could but no loss now sadly.  

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

If he was retiring then why wait to January? I think it’s more likely he’ll be away to a part time team and the only reason we’ve kept him thus far is to ensure he gets paid and we can put him through treatment perhaps. 

AYR United boss Lee Bullen says he hopes the Honest Men's vociferous home support can help lift his team to victory at Somerset Park this weekend.

Bullen will take nearly a full squad into the clash with Rhys McCabe's Diamonds, with Andy Murdoch now set to be out for the rest of the season - while Nick McAllister is also likely to be rested after a slight hamstring tweak saw him substituted at Tannadice.

Murdy won't play for us again, he won't be able to run hard enough for Bully after coming back from his injury

I hope he rocks up at a Raith or a Morton on a Pay-As-You-Play deal

The meltdown here would be tremendous

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

Murdy won't play for us again, he won't be able to run hard enough for Bully after coming back from his injury

I hope he rocks up at a Raith or a Morton on a Pay-As-You-Play deal

The meltdown here would be tremendous

If he comes back at the same standard as last season, I’m very confident he would do well under a manager capable of actually utilising his central midfield players and getting the best out of them. 

Playing in central midfield for us must be awful!

I'm mildly intrigued by the apparent efforts of the Scottish football media to get Scott Brown either the Arbroath or Queen's Park job. It's made me think a little about the criteria that teams apply when they put together shortlists for managers at this level. Does friendly media coverage factor in? Should it? No doubt we'll have more time to talk about this if he's still unemployed when the Ayr job opens up.

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'm mildly intrigued by the apparent efforts of the Scottish football media to get Scott Brown either the Arbroath or Queen's Park job. It's made me think a little about the criteria that teams apply when they put together shortlists for managers at this level. Does friendly media coverage factor in? Should it? No doubt we'll have more time to talk about this if he's still unemployed when the Ayr job opens up.

He was heavily linked with the The Caley job too. It’s the press trying to get ex-Old Firmers jobs.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Listening to Sportsound at the weekend, you would have been completely and utterly unaware that before Duncan Ferguson went to Inverness they were sitting at the bottom end of the table under Billy Dodds, who barely had a week off before he was back in a job.

Genuinely surprised the media isn't pushing harder for McGeady to get the gig considering how few ex-OF players of his generation have become managers and not been terrible at it. Ian Murray is surely one of the most prominent ones who still has a club.