The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dowds is the one reason I don’t think we‘ll go down. If you have someone scoring semi regularly in this league then it’s usually enough to stay up. For that reason alone I make Airdrie the favourites to finish 10th. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dowds is the one reason I don’t think we‘ll go down. If you have someone scoring semi regularly in this league then it’s usually enough to stay up. For that reason alone I make Airdrie the favourites to finish 10th. 

I think keeping him might save our season. If he'd gone back to Partick we'd have been doomed.

The big man's been excellent. Get the cheque book oot.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he gets injured we are utterly fucked, however. 

For far more reason than just his goals as well. We would struggle to get much out of Murphy, Chalmers etc without him too. 

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would hang fire on that statement until we find out what's happening with Chalmers...

Although this year is different cause Dundee United are in the same league as us this year so as Goodwin put it last weeks he's helping take points off their rivals. For that reason we've probably got more chance of keeping him this year than we did last year

Dowds appears surplus to requirements at Partick and by all accounts he doesn't want to go back. Surely it wouldn't cost much for us to sign him in January?

I still think we need another striker though. The thought of relying on any of our other striking options in the event of an injury to Dowds gives me the absolute fear.

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Dowds appears surplus to requirements at Partick and by all accounts he doesn't want to go back. Surely it wouldn't cost much for us to sign him in January?

I still think we need another striker though. The thought of relying on any of our other striking options in the event of an injury to Dowds gives me the absolute fear.

Partick might want a small fee I suppose.  If Dowds is out of contract at the end of the season, it might suit him too to wait until the Summer and see what offers he gets.  

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

Good news about Dowds.  The relationship at Partick must really have broken down with the player given he’s scoring goals pretty regularly in a poor Ayr team.  Not like Adeloye is doing much for them.

Graham usually gets injured but has stayed fit this season limiting Adeloye getting game time. They seem to be scoring goals and might also might want to give the youth players coming through a chance. Despite the twitter rant i think Dowds agent still manages another few Thistle players so the lines of communication are probably still open should they be required 

59 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Graham usually gets injured but has stayed fit this season limiting Adeloye getting game time. They seem to be scoring goals and might also might want to give the youth players coming through a chance. Despite the twitter rant i think Dowds agent still manages another few Thistle players so the lines of communication are probably still open should they be required 

Sure, but I just thought Partick might try and play a bit of hardball with us the way Livingston did with Mullen.  They know we’re desperate after all.  Suppose it depends if he can play for anybody else this season now.  If not, Partick probably wouldn’t want to risk getting a player back they don’t want and who is probably on a decent wage.  Some early and unexpected good news for us, that’s for sure.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Sure, but I just thought Partick might try and play a bit of hardball with us the way Livingston did with Mullen.  They know we’re desperate after all.  Suppose it depends if he can play for anybody else this season now.  If not, Partick probably wouldn’t want to risk getting a player back they don’t want and who is probably on a decent wage.  Some early and unexpected good news for us, that’s for sure.

I'm presuming we must be covering the whole wage, they obviously have some budget issues this season and that will play it's part.  

Like Dundee United they'll see us as no threat, when we play them we lose one of our best players and he will score against those around them in the table.   

Been giving it some thought is Sean McGinty a possible front runner for Player of the season right now (obviously depends on the situations of Murphy staying Healthy, Chalmers being on loan and Such) but I geniunly think so far this season he’s the favourite which is wild to think about 2 seasons ago