The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I watched him on Friday night against Dundee United and he wasn't the same player I remember being gutted at losing when he went up the road.

He looks ponderous in possession and lacking in sharpness generally.

Moving to the great unwashed, playing at left back occasionally and languishing on the bench can do that to you.

Although, he's been at Partick for long enough, I thought he'd back to his best by now. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I think Dempsey is over rated. He got MOTM yesterday. I can't have been the only person wondering how that was possible next to Young who covered every blade of grass (second half).

What sort of midfielder is Dempsey? Box to box? He seems like he does a bit of everything. I prefer him to Murdoch but he's no Mark Kerr, Kerr McInroy, Ross Docherty or Steven Kelly. Maybe I've been spoilt.

Edit - I'd still keep him mind.

He absolutely wasn’t man of the match on Saturday, he was poor and I wanted Smith to come on for him. Easy to forget he was a huge part of driving the team on the week before though. Completely different player to all of those other central midfielders IMO! He is basically a similar style to Young - but better on the ball and with more of a goal threat. 

58 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Receiving the ball in front of the defence he's rotten. He rarely sees a forward pass and looks uncomfortable.

I do think he can operate as a more attacking midfielder but he definately flatters to deceive and goes missing when the pressure is on. When was the last time our midfield took the game by the scruff of the neck and dictated things??? 

Not a lost cause but we need to play to his strengths.

I don’t think it’s fair to see he goes missing, he just isn’t the type of player to take a game by the scruff of the neck (none of our midfielder are) We were poor so often last season, but we rarely lost games by more than a goal - a large part of that was having the likes of Dempsey digging in. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think it’s fair to see he goes missing, he just isn’t the type of player to take a game by the scruff of the neck (none of our midfielder are) We were poor so often last season, but we rarely lost games by more than a goal - a large part of that was having the likes of Dempsey digging in. 

Think maybe the game just completely passes him bye than him going missing. Our problem is we've got no identity as a team.

Expecting Dempsey to come deep and get the ball from the goalie is absolutely nullifying all his strengths.

Like a lot of this squad, it really needs reassessed when we've got a competent manager.

11 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Think maybe the game just completely passes him bye than him going missing. Our problem is we've got no identity as a team.

Expecting Dempsey to come deep and get the ball from the goalie is absolutely nullifying all his strengths.

Like a lot of this squad, it really needs reassessed when we've got a competent manager.

I can’t disagree with any of that!

I think you would see the best of him in a three, with a Mark Kerr type and a ten style player who can also drop in and help out the midfield. 

Happy New year Everyone Ayr united! 🎆🎊🎉🍻

Wishing every one of you all every success, good luck and fortunes. The next year will be a great one for us Ayr followers, new stand, new players, new horizons for us all*

*With the exception of Somerset Boab. New year, new ambitions and above all, a new lower tolerance level for his pish patter. Get in the fucking sea, you egotistical, arrogant, shite singing affront to Ayr united.

It's taken a crazy amount of will power from me not to wade into that old twunts post on the weird culty FB page. I've had a few zingers typed out but I've held back.

My New Year's resolution needs to be not to get annoyed by half wits. To be honest though I give it until the 2nd before they've boiled my piss.

33 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

The 2023 “year in review” the club have put out is nothing short of embarassing. Trying to spin utter shite like “Mark McKenzie makes his 100th appearance” and “we give out some medals to volunteers at half time every game” as positives :lol:

It was dead good that we took a photo.  We want folk to come and watch us and keep coming back but we're no gonna do anything to actually make them want to xo

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The club are doing a stellar job with the thumbnails recently.

Looks like he’s about to demand a prisoner exchange.

Ayr United says the bombing must continue until the hostages are released.  Please buy a half season ticket.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ayr United says the bombing must continue until the hostages are released.  Please buy a half season ticket.

Every half season ticket you buy is another bomb dropped on the Kilmarnock insurgents and will ensure the safe release of Lee Bullen’s gilet collection.