The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Desperately trying not to have a heads gone after that performance 😂

It's only very vocal fan dissatisfaction that will change this. The club has very heavily implied that treading water until the infrastructure has been overhauled is perfectly acceptable. An empty Hub and home gates of 500 is pretty much the only thing that will break through that.

1 minute ago, Ayrfix said:

Utterly, utterly predictable. Totally useless manager, bought shite and praying no one recalls their players. New Year same old shite.

That's the most worrisome thing. When you have the fans ( who know f**k all) know what's going to happen in a game before it's been played, then things are in a really bad state.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fair enough - my bad! 

Desperately trying not to have a heads gone after that performance 😂

Probably the least amount of abuse I’ve ever heard for a pumping. Which is probably worse.😂

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Absolutely astonished if they bin him, two reasons for that. I don't think they have the bottle and I don't think they share the concerns the rest of us do.

If Mathie doesn't have the bottle he needs to go too. He's paid to make the big decisions.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGeady offering squares goes to fans as he’s subbed off after anonymous cameo. 

Riddy. Honestly think he thinks he's better than "Ayr". Hardly surprisingly with the career he's had but he's been a poor signing.

Can't wait for the next Mathie video. Back slapping, happy clapping, self indulgent drivel. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Absolutely astonished if they bin him, two reasons for that. I don't think they have the bottle and I don't think they share the concerns the rest of us do.

He’s less than 6 months from the end of his contract so the fact we’ll have to pay up his remaining wages is minuscule compared to the loss of income that relegation will bring. Anyway, logging off. My Morton supporting neighbour desperately wants new windows. He hasn’t said as much but I’m reading between the lines of his shite WhatsApp messages.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

He’s less than 6 months from the end of his contract

This in itself is absolutely farcical. When was the last time a club let a manager run his contract down? At this rate they'll be having him involved in the fucking interview process for his replacement!

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

This in itself is absolutely farcical. When was the last time a club let a manager run his contract down? At this rate they'll be having him involved in the fucking interview process for his replacement!

Or negotiate his own contract renewal...

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

And you missed out on Uncle Ian, with him joining mighty Clyde FC.

Ian McCall would set fire to Clyde’s stadium (if they had one) if it meant he got another crack at full time football. 

The eternal irony is that the sort of off-field stuff that's going on is precisely what McCall wanted to happen to turn Ayr into a Proper Football Club. And now he gets to watch as some bald fraud does his best to derail it while himself stuck at a tinpot sex offender caravan.

As a manager I wouldn’t want him back, but would 100% take him in a director of football role in charge of recruitment instead of that fraud Glendinning.

as for the game I’m far too raging to even try to summarise what happened today. Easily one of the most abject performances I’ve seen in recent years

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGeady offering squares goes to fans as he’s subbed off after anonymous cameo. 

Know a few people that have worked with him along the way and they thought he was a difficult character. Not nice to see this happening but it may provide some balanced opinion during the inevitable McGeady for next manager one sided bandwagon