The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mathie would have to admit everything is failing under his watch if he sacked Bullen, Smith having stern word with both of them in the coming days might be the only thing we can hope for. 

If the club finish 5th, would that be a failure? much the same as last season, it'll be because 2 of the four teams below us lose the same week to prop us up while we stumble towards the end of a season. In the grand scheme of things it will be a reasonable season but it'll be another season of poor football, poor players and missed opportunities. 

Last seasons cup run summed this team up, easy draws all the way to the quarters and play a basket case Falkirk team, the only team remotely organised in any way and they do us, and an overweight flop from English football tries to take this piss and fails. 

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

And you missed out on Uncle Ian, with him joining mighty Clyde FC.

McCall will already be planning for what happens in the next two windows at Clyde. 

We will be looking at went wrong two hours ago and wondering who to blame. 

He's got to fucking go now! 1 win in 10 league games. Mark Kerr was sacked for less.

That performance was dreadful. Morton won't have an easier game all season. We didn't lay a glove on them. 

The fact is our manager (or head coach) is incapable of setting up a team or even influencing a game. He has to go now before he relegates us.

I left at 4:30 today. I did consider waiting to boo BGM but I didn't have the energy. I'd have been as well setting fire to £22. That was grim and the fault lies at Bullens door. I'm fucking sick of excuses. GTF!

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, AyrExile said:

Not nice to see this happening but it may provide some balanced opinion during the inevitable McGeady for next manager one sided bandwagon 

I would be astonished if that happened now tbh. Whatever input he's been allegedly offering is either being completely ignored by both Bullen and the board or is doing nothing to correct the glaring flaws that even the morons in the stands can identify. Ayr are as good at pushing players in their late 30s out of the game for good as they are at doing it for managers.

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

As a manager I wouldn’t want him back, but would 100% take him in a director of football role in charge of recruitment instead of that fraud Glendinning.

I do believe that if McCall was manager again and it being the beginning of the January transfer window, McCall would have used his contacts to get a few players in at a championship level. 

On paper, bullens signings are 'sign and hope' very much on the basis that one player (Akinyemi) did very well. In reality, we need new fullback's, new central defence, new midfielders and a new striker.

Just now, Trogdor said:

He's got to fucking go now! 1 win in 10 league games. Mark Kerr was sacked for less.

That performance was dreadful. Morton won't have an easier game all season. We didn't lay a glove on them. 

The fact is our manager (or head coach) is incapable of setting up a team or even influencing a game. He has to go now before he relegates us.

I left at 4:30 today. I did consider waiting to book BGM but I didn't have the energy. I'd have been as well setting fire to £22. That was grim and the fault lies at Bullens door. I'm fucking sick of excuses. GTF!

We offered nothing between minute ten, and minute 57 when the sedond went in and he changed absolutely nothing in that time. 

Even before minute ten, we had the ball without actually doing anything. 

Remember once upon a time when the great white hope was that Ryan Stevenson would step down from Hearts to come back to Ayr and lead them out of the doldrums? Surprised there isn't some moon-howler currently imagining this as Shankland's next career move.

The real worry is who comes in next. Smith tried the usual suspects and that failed badly. He's tried a left-field appointment and barring one fluke signing that's failed as well. The extreme fear is picking one of the current playing staff because it's worked out for Imrie. That could be the Roberts years again.

6 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

what exactly do you think constitutes mid table in a league of 10, is it exactly fifth?

In a league of 10 mid table only exists in April. 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I left at 4:30 today. I did consider waiting to boo BGM but I didn't have the energy. I'd have been as well setting fire to £22. That was grim and the fault lies at Bullens door. I'm fucking sick of excuses. GTF!

I stayed, I reiterated the calls for him and his gilet to f**k off back to Sheffield. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Last seasons cup run summed this team up, easy draws all the way to the quarters and play a basket case Falkirk team

As did the play off semi finals where we lost 8-0 on aggregate and PT could have scored many more goals in both games.  Losing 5-0 at home live on TV and in front of our biggest crowd for ages.  Honestly did not want to think about football and the team for ages after that...

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We offered nothing between minute ten, and minute 57 when the sedond went in and he changed absolutely nothing in that time. 

Even before minute ten, we had the ball without actually doing anything. 

Aye, f**k knows what he said at half time. Keep doing what you're doing?

He then doesn't make a fucking change until after the 3rd goes in and persists with a goalie who is woeful utterly woeful.

I'm absolutely fucking raging at that, disgrace doesn't begin to cover it. The board need to act, this has gone on for long enough now. I thank him for his efforts but he's holding the club back now.

Best for all concerned to end the relationship now. Give a new manager the window and the 'easier' games in January to turn it around. I'd have more faith in Davie White managing the team on Saturday than Bullen tbh.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would be astonished if that happened now tbh. Whatever input he's been allegedly offering is either being completely ignored by both Bullen and the board or is doing nothing to correct the glaring flaws that even the morons in the stands can identify. Ayr are as good at pushing players in their late 30s out of the game for good as they are at doing it for managers.

The easy option can never be discounted due to pedigree , currently working with the decision makers and on existing facets of the role. Bullen being the face of the club is getting most of the flak here but it could easily be going wrong in several places. Without working behind the scenes and seeing what happens it's difficult to tell. Also it's possible on a temporary basis whilst Mathie scours the depths of league football to locate the next unpolished gem. 

To play devil's avocado with McGeady for a second, should he be offering fans out, absolutely not. But you're at the end of an amazing playing career and it's spluttering out amidst injuries and fitness issues at a miserable Cappielow on the 2nd of January when your brain still wants you to do what you could 10 years ago, it's mentally frustrating af. He'd be as well making peace with it and calling it a day. 

Lee Bullen: “In the end that was men against boys. We lost every individual battle. The mental collapse was the biggest thing for me. Against Raith and Dunfermline we were asked big questions and came up with the answers - today we showed nothing. I think the last two performances show I am getting the response from the players I need, which is what made today such a surprise.

Fucking deluded.