The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 hours ago, Hursty said:

Players wise we should be doing much better.  Dunfermline are ahead of us with Joe Chalmers playing every week and even captaining them at Somerset.    

I'd imagine Morton were pretty scunnered that a team with McGinty finished second in the league last year aswell. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The worrying thing is Bullen has mentioned that there is ‘Irons in the fire’ with regards to new signings which suggests conversations around signings have obviously been had between him and presumably Mathie/Glendinning so if that’s the case I don’t see the club suddenly sacking him and being back to square 1. 

It's part of his job though and it's not like if you are Mathie or Smith you're going to say to Bullen not to bother looking at signings. If you did, he would know he was getting emptied. 

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'd imagine Morton were pretty scunnered that a team with McGinty finished second in the league last year aswell. 

Given the Akinyemi factor, I doubt it. 

Now unless Dunfermline have one of them… 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Given the Akinyemi factor, I doubt it. 

Now unless Dunfermline have one of them… 

Good stuff, in which case on the next Morton - Ayr match thread there'll be no complaints from Ayr fans if McGinty is pointed out to be a useless cart horse? 

Just now, HoBNob said:

Good stuff, in which case on the next Morton - Ayr match thread there'll be no complaints from Ayr fans if McGinty is pointed out to be a useless cart horse? 

If the performance meets the description, not from me!

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I had a nosey on the Stranraer page to see what they were saying about the Finn signing, and saw they've signed another lad today as well. Oh to have January business done so early! Doubt we will have anyone in by Saturday 

Look - they don’t need to wait on players dropping down or have more season ticket holders or something. 

We can’t possibly get business done early…

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Definitely don’t think he’s going anywhere

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye he’s going nowhere.

We’re sleepwalking into relegation.

He won't be about long if the fans turn against him at Somerset on Saturday

Smith had to act on sacking Hopkin after near riot scenes that night at Somerset where Hopkin's family had to be ushered away by stewards.

13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He won't be about long if the fans turn against him at Somerset on Saturday

Smith had to act on sacking Hopkin after near riot scenes that night at Somerset where Hopkin's family had to be ushered away by stewards.

1 or 2 down against Caley on Saturday then it’ll start getting that way.

I’ve very much read that as a plea to the fans to give him more time but he knows Saturday is a huge game. 

I don’t think this article changes much. It’s a call to not boo f**k out him when we go a goal down. 

Saturday is a huge game, I don't think there is anyone left who thinks he should have stayed after the Morton game and even his post match interview, he looked really rattled and I don't think, at 5pm on Tuesday, he knew if he'd be in the dugout. 

So I'd say Saturday is win or bust for him, he needs to put on a show that wins him some extra time to turn it round. The players also need to turn it on to escape the criticism they will get, it will be pretty ugly. 

I think we'll win, I hope Tuesday was rock bottom and we will be a lot more solid. If we don't....oooft.  

Do I like when we lose no I absolutely hate it, will I mind if we lose on Saturday no so long as it spells the end of bullen. Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward. I do have a horrible feeling that unless it’s a convincing Inverness win he might still be in place for a little longer 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do I like when we lose no I absolutely hate it, will I mind if we lose on Saturday no so long as it spells the end of bullen. Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward. I do have a horrible feeling that unless it’s a convincing Inverness win he might still be in place for a little longer 

If they are working on something during the window, like a couple of deals over the line before Saturday, it might calm folk down a bit to see how it works out. But it would only work if it was players folk had heard of.