The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The most dubious thing about this is the notion that the club would announce something on a Monday morning.

Just have a feeling its going to drag on 

Edited by United1973

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If interviews are done reckon we could get an announcement today? 

Don't think the weather is indicative of trying to take a scarf above the head picture to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Don't think the weather is indicative of trying to take a scarf above the head picture to be fair. 

More importantly the Jewsons on McCall Avenue is shut on Sundays.

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Just waiting on us drawing Rangers at Ibrox first before announcing Brown and new green hooped 4th kit

Reminds me of years ago (1990s?) we played Celtic at Parkhead. I think it was in the League Cup. After the warm up the referee ordered us to change out of our white tops and black shorts. The only other kit we had was all blue and when we ran out their fans went mental. Sadly, we lost.

Edited by edinburghhonestman

7 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Reminds me of years ago (1990s?) we played Celtic at Parkhead. I think it was in the League Cup. After the warm up the referee ordered us to change out of our white tops and black shorts. The only other kit we had was all blue and when we ran out their fans went mental. Sadly, we lost.

That would be the last time ayr played at celtic Park.  Hopefully draw them today.

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Meant in respect more of the type of person he is, obviously has high standards (which isn't a bad thing) and a lot of drive and commitment. Just not sure how well that would transfer to Championship level players and how they would react to that.

He was a massive Rangers fan and then signed for Celtic. His standards can't be that high 

It'd be some gamble to appoint Brown when whoever comes in essentially only has 3 full months to ensure we secure safety. It's a tough ask for anyone with this squad, but of course, "experienced manager" doesn't guarantee anything either.

In saying that, I'd absolutely be happy with him getting the job. Hate both the old firm, but always liked Brown as a player and he's just the type of character I think we need in that dressing room. If it IS him, I'd hope he didn't agree to getting all his staff chosen for him. Needs to be on his terms.