The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have to point out that I'd literally never heard of the word gilet until Bullen arrived.

I thought people meant Gillette, due to the baldness and Ayr fans inability to spell anything properly 

Brown is probably one of the best appointments you could make and far less risky than some other names going about. 

That being said, if he does get the job I'm interested to see the influence he has on your squad, particularly once he gets a summer transfer window. Unfortunately I ended up in Blackpool overnight for work last year and Fleetwood happened to be playing at home that evening vs Portsmouth so I headed along. Brown's team were absolutely powderpuff, with no one putting themselves about and always came off second best in a challenge. I remember being surprised at that given Brown's style of play back when he was at Celtic. He spent most of the game moaning at Stephen Whittaker/Fon Williams any time a player shat out a challenge/made an error, and they went on to lose 2-1 IIRC. I got speaking to a couple of Fleetwood supporters who said performances will like that most weeks.

Maybe he was hampered by budgets/board, but I came away from the game very surprised at Fleetwood's lack of effort and aggression that night. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They waiting for a packed SRE to announce the manager you reckon? They may be waiting a while for that. The rain in Glasgow is torrential and the wind is getting worse 

There's no way this goes ahead tonight and if it does it'll be a shambles.

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They waiting for a packed SRE to announce the manager you reckon? They may be waiting a while for that. The rain in Glasgow is torrential and the wind is getting worse 

What a welcome that would be. Getting announced in the pishing rain with a gale blowing in front of 500 very cold punters by some fat c**t wearing sunglasses at night.

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The tannoy breaking in and out due to the weather.

We     To the pit   The new ma  g Ott Own

Scott Brown walks like a ski jumper on to the park, lifts a scarf above his head which acts like a sail, knocking him off his feet. 

37 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I thought people meant Gillette, due to the baldness and Ayr fans inability to spell anything properly 

I'd have called him BIC in that case rather than BGM.  

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The tannoy breaking in and out due to the weather.

We     To the pit   The new ma  g Ott Own

Scott Brown walks like a ski jumper on to the park, lifts a scarf above his head which acts like a sail, knocking him off his feet. 

Would not surprise me if that is what they want the game to be on for. For some surprise grand spectacule of announcing the new manager. 

Another Mathie zinger. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would not surprise me if that is what they want the game to be on for. For some surprise grand spectacule of announcing the new manager. 

Another Mathie zinger. 

This was a suggestion I made to my friend earlier.