The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Wonder what the recruitment strategy will be for next season. Will it be a case of fine tuning the one we have or ripping the whole thing up and starting again. 

Because if we continue as is then we're going down and can't complain about it 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder what the recruitment strategy will be for next season. Will it be a case of fine tuning the one we have or ripping the whole thing up and starting again. 

Because if we continue as is then we're going down and can't complain about it 

Fine-tuning the one we have would just be polishing a turd.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Not sure we have ever made a more pointless signing than McGeady tbh. Done as a player and what does he even do in his staff role? 

This is what we don’t know though. As a player? Up there with our worst ever signings.. I so hope he’s ‘adding value’ to coaching or in another way. “Staff role”? What the f**k does he add. We are not a big club but we’re trying to grow. If McGeady is in some way facilitating this then crack on. If not, gtf. I think/hope Brown knows and understands the level he is operating at now.

If you’re appraising the current squad at this point in terms of next season then I’d go. 

Keep - Stanger, McGinty, Reading, Dempsey, Syla, Murphy, Chalmers, Dowds, Tomlinson, Guthrie, Bryden, McKenzie.

Punt - Albinson, Mutch, McAllister, Musonda, Smith, Amartey, McGugh, Willoughby, Sanders, McGeady, Rose

Undecided - Murdoch and Clarke. 

If all those players left then you’re probably left looking for two goalies, a right back, two centre backs, a central midfielder, two wingers/attacking midfielders, a striker and some sort of cover at left back unless one of the centre halves we sign can cover there. 

Thats 10 new players and tbh it’s likely to be more as Chalmers won’t hang around and it’s not a sure thing that Dowds will either. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If you’re appraising the current squad at this point in terms of next season then I’d go. 

Keep - Stanger, McGinty, Reading, Dempsey, Syla, Murphy, Chalmers, Dowds, Tomlinson, Guthrie, Bryden, McKenzie.

Punt - Albinson, Mutch, McAllister, Musonda, Smith, Amartey, McGugh, Willoughby, Sanders, McGeady, Rose

Undecided - Murdoch and Clarke. 

If all those players left then you’re probably left looking for two goalies, a right back, two centre backs, a central midfielder, two wingers/attacking midfielders, a striker and some sort of cover at left back unless one of the centre halves we sign can cover there. 

Thats 10 new players and tbh it’s likely to be more as Chalmers won’t hang around and it’s not a sure thing that Dowds will either. 

I think I agree with most of this. 

I’m fine with Mutch staying as back up and I would also be fine with McAllister staying as an actual squad filler, but no doubt he will be lining up to start in the league cup! 

I just have no faith in our recruitment anymore, unfortunately. 

Who is Clarke though?!!

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think I agree with most of this. 

I’m fine with Mutch staying as back up and I would also be fine with McAllister staying as an actual squad filler, but no doubt he will be lining up to start in the league cup! 

I just have no faith in our recruitment anymore, unfortunately. 

Who is Clarke though?!!

The new goalie we signed? Or have I had a howler with his name? 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

The keeper we signed on loan today.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

The new goalie we signed? Or have I had a howler with his name? 

Haha, nah - I was just thinking who the f**k is Clarke! 

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember him getting the ball cannoned off his dish during the Stenny game and he fell and got back up about five times in rapid succession.

A game saving block.

I remember Danny Lennon signed for Ayr and on his debut, joined the wall at a Thistle free kick. The Thistle player rattled the free kick right in Lennons face. He went down like a felled tree, straight backwards.

there was a brief silence, broken by a Thistle fan laughing like a fucking drain from behind the goal. 

4 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

So we brought in a keeper for the rest of the season when Mutch will be back in 2/3 weeks, recruitment is a joke right now

It’s because Brown clearly doesn’t rate Albinson or Mutch. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I remember Danny Lennon signed for Ayr and on his debut, joined the wall at a Thistle free kick. The Thistle player rattled the free kick right in Lennons face. He went down like a felled tree, straight backwards.

there was a brief silence, broken by a Thistle fan laughing like a fucking drain from behind the goal. 

Ooft! That must have been a sore one.

I forget he played for Ayr. Was he on loan? 

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember him getting the ball cannoned off his dish during the Stenny game and he fell and got back up about five times in rapid succession.

A game saving block.

Bangala will go through his whole ‘career’ and never having as dedicated a fan as Richey. Don’t get too excited excited Richey, Raphael Schidt had fans. That said, don’t you go losing faith. I think Moffat signed for us when he was 25. Same age as “the ghost” is now.

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Always thought Albinson looked really good the times I've seen him. Bit surprised at you guys wanting him punted. Swap you for Mehmet.

His form has fell off a cliff this season. Some people are attributing it to the goalie coach moving on to Carlisle but I’m not sure. 

He’s been dropped a few times this season and there’s been chat of a falling out but no one actually knows. Based on the way Josh Clarke played today, Brown clearly wants someone confident with the ball and the young goalie looked good in that respect. Only criticism I’d have of him is he was glued to his line but that’s maybe an age thing. 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Bangala will go through his whole ‘career’ and never having as dedicated a fan as Richey. Don’t get too excited excited Richey, Raphael Schidt had fans. That said, don’t you go losing faith. I think Moffat signed for us when he was 25. Same age as “the ghost” is now.

He doesn't even know I exist.