The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Absolutely agree with  the comments here, usually like to see the positives but see none here....

Not having Murphy and Chalmers in the team is a shocking move when we need to create chances.....

No offence but I don't feel McKenzie and Bryden offer much at all and lack any real skill or ability to go by players ....

Have real fear we will be 2-3 goals down before our better players come on ...which time it will be too late.....

I could actually greet.....

We will struggle to keep possession at all with that lineup and with our defence giving up goals left, right and centre we are in the shite here...

I hope, as do you I'm sure that you're wrong but I think this sums it up perfectly bud!

Wouldn’t even pick that team for a kick about down the low green. What the f**k is Brown thinking? 

Was happy enough with him coming. Thought it a statement of intent, and hoped he’d bring some energy. But his team selections keep leaving me baffled. The players he’s benched are the almost all of the halfway competent players we have at the club. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

If we get a result today it's surely just a reflection on how bad Inverness are. I've said it before when we've had a stronger team out but that's a mid-table league 1 line up right there.

I fear a drubbing.

20 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

That bench plus a few youngsters to make up the 11 may well beat that starting line up 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The bench would beat the team!

“If you’re not fast you’re last”

Lee Bullen

18th August 2024

Musonda at left back going by the warm up down at the corner.

Train was full of Hearts fans on the way up. Wish I’d got on the train to Dingwall now with them.

Waited years for McGinty to be dropped for his charity defending but it rarely happened. This season he has actually looked ok and would have let him away with the odd error. Brown has certainly been consistent when it comes to wielding the axe. 

Perhaps once he has his own team it might be a good idea but right now we need to drop excessive housekeeping rules and just get over the line. The one crumb of comfort for the happy clappers is that many thought the same against Airdrie and Partick yet we somehow got results. Perhaps he has watched Caley and thought a kicking match is the best chance of a result 

I’m curious to know what these players have done to be dropped. There’s no chance that Brown’s making that selection based on footballing ability. If he is, then there’s a straitjacket with his name written on it. 

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Thought he was pretty poor there against Dunfermline. Hope we can get a result but feeling glad I didn't head up today. Maybe Chalmers to come on at half time and inject some energy like he did up there last season?

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Train was full of Hearts fans on the way up. Wish I’d got on the train to Dingwall now with them.

A left hand side of Musonda and McKenzie and the other of McAllister and Bryden will provide some decent comedy - must he the least technical side options you will ever see at this level. 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Waited years for McGinty to be dropped for his charity defending but it rarely happened. This season he has actually looked ok and would have let him away with the odd error. Brown has certainly been consistent when it comes to wielding the axe. 

Perhaps once he has his own team it might be a good idea but right now we need to drop excessive housekeeping rules and just get over the line. The one crumb of comfort for the happy clappers is that many thought the same against Airdrie and Partick yet we somehow got results. Perhaps he has watched Caley and thought a kicking match is the best chance of a result 

I think my issue is that he hasn’t been consistent. 

Sanders has had several howlers for example. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Sanders is his signing though 

Christ that lineup....

This team selection is above even some of Bullen's odder decisions.

Dropping both Chalmers and Murphy is ludicrous given their creativity. Unless they are both injured and the club are withholding the news for the "not giving a competitive advantage" to the opposition tactic.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Tbf Sanders is settling in. I was meaning more with the permanent fixtures in the team who would rarely be dropped