The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's completely baffling that a score draw which resulted in Ayr finishing seventh in the league (which was higher than they'd been for most of it) didn't have people going so wild. Just a total head-scratcher.

Yeah - the SRE was bouncing for the playoff before the game last year and we were already like 3-0 down… 

59 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Updates 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_8323.jpeg

Good going for the middle of May with another month before pre-season starts. 
Every signing that comes through the door, the club should be punting season tickets. 

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Anyways... never mind where yhe beeb are going. I want goal mouth cams like Stranraer have... excellent feature of their coverage/highlights and a relatively inexpensive thing to set up!

Second this 

Watched the highlights from the East Kilbride game this morning, the quality was incredible.

25 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Second this 

Watched the highlights from the East Kilbride game this morning, the quality was incredible.

I mind even their highlights from pre-season looked miles better than anything we've done

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Peil said:

I mind even their highlights from pre-season looked miles better than anything we've done

We should maybe save the millions we’re paying Oakley and sign they fellas. 

Edited by callum-ayr

10 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

A packed Somerset road end with a team thats winning youll struggle to find a better atmosphere at this level.  

I watched Pep's Bayern horse Werder Bremen 5-0 at the Allianz and it was an incredible atmosphere, but it's not the same atmosphere. A rammed SRE under the lights is the best atmosphere I've ever had at a game from a purely crowd-wise perspective.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Good going for the middle of May with another month before pre-season starts.

Obviously the club knows its commercials now and has the right people in place. You have to hope this is eventually going to bleed through to the sport side of things, even if the club don't become the Clyde Coast Brentford overnight.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

We should maybe save the millions we’re paying Oakley and sign they fellas. 

The funny thing is that Ayr have turned a profit for most of Smith's tenure and were on life support for two decades before that, and yet are being accused of buying the league by a fanbase who are only fan-run now because their actual literal sugar daddy (a fucking sweetie merchant ffs) turned the money tap off.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The funny thing is that Ayr have turned a profit for most of Smith's tenure and were on life support for two decades before that, and yet are being accused of buying the league by a fanbase who are only fan-run now because their actual literal sugar daddy (a fucking sweetie merchant ffs) turned the money tap off.

Said absolutely nobody.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's certainly new way to phrase "died."

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m sure the folk in hospitality will enjoy the view of a cameraman’s arse for 90 minutes 

They won’t though as the camera will be staying exactly where it is , as will the commentary people. 

Should be quite an entertaining summer then if we're going for Scottish experienced Championship players. Should be taking bets on the next club to have a heads gone moment at the insinuation of us signing one of their players. 

“We’re Ayr United, we sign who we want”

As long as they’re a moderately average Championship player from a joke outfit. 

As for next season with the way it's set up. There's not much leeway or middle ground to be had. You're not going to get away with signing a few duds but still manage to avoid scraping bottom. It'll be much more unforgiving. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

“We’re Ayr United, we sign who we want”

As long as they’re a moderately average Championship player from a joke outfit. 

In that case, and I said it before... I want Dąbrowski