The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

You judgemental ****** I must have spent 10's of thousands of hard earned money followed Ayr over the years. Now, rather than leading with my heart, I have to think with my head over family budgets. It's any companies main aim to get punters to part with their cash and so far we have Bryden, Mcwhater and paddy fuckin Reading to judge on whether it's worth spending our money on.... I'm begging for AUFC to give me something to spank my £ on, but it is no longer handed over in blind faith.... nor should anyone ne made to feel they must.

Getting your nickers in a twist???

Judgemental.... expletives....my point proved ...you will probably be dishing out the same expletives to the the crap players we sign with the magic beans be have to offer??

It's simple ....math and logic I am pointing out ...

You want good players ...put yer hand in yer pocket ....if you don't then fair enough ...but don't moan when we are shite .....

4 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Announce 1000 season tickets sold this afternoon. 

But seriously, those who are waiting to see who we sign before getting a season,  come on, when have we ever signed anyone that made you buy a season ticket for somerset park? You just go every Saturday anyway, that's what we do.

Exhibit 1.

6897212-0-image-a-183_1543712039953.jpg

4 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Judgemental.... expletives....my point proved ...you will probably be dishing out the same expletives to the the crap players we sign with the magic beans be have to offer??

You want good players ...put yer hand in yer pocket ....if you don't then fair enough ...but don't moan when we are shite .....

We're already shite, that's why we're moaning.

p***k.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

You want fans ...put yer hand in yer pocket ....if you don't then fair enough ...but don't moan when no one turns up .....

Edited by AyrAtlanta

3 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Never read that in the small print as one of the advantages to having a season ticket.

10 minutes ago, cop said:

Players released

Player re-signed

Friendly announced

New signings this afternoon???

Aye a fair bit of news so far today. Not sure the balance is quite right when the best bit is that players are leaving 

l'll take there money if it pays for another player great, the club was always going to try and use the Brown Celtic connection to drive interest in the club and so they should have, on Paddy he wasn't the worst last season and we sorely missed him when he was out, as long as he's not the only left back and we have competition for that starting place I'm ok with him resigning 

Surely there is a balance to be had between those waiting to see who we sign, and then paying their hard earned money in response….and those that feel that they can influence signings by paying money up front.

Lets face it, if everyone waited, we would have a Roberts era quality squad.

If everyone bought in up front, there should be an improvement but no guarantee.

We don’t have the levels of support with that much blind faith and/or plenty of extra cash.

However, I do see the upside to having 3,000 paid up season ticket holders before a ball is kicked - took a while to work for Falkirk though 😳

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Maybe we should also start training in Fife since it's apparently harder for us to attract players down here..

They sure mention “Inverness will always be our home” a lot.  

Moving away from this weird attention seeking.  There is actual football tonight that's important for the club.  

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Why is it being played in Falkirk?

Seems to be the neutral venue for their playoff finals, Kilmarnock v Dundee United was there last night.  

Posted (edited)

We've won a third of our home games in the past 5 seasons. For a large majority of that time we have played some truly eye bleeding football. 

We all support the club and in an ideal world we would all be financially comfortable enough to be able to hand over £300 quid regardless of our feelings of performances - but that's just not the case.

Folk have other priorities and can absolutely be forgiven for going.. you know what, they've not really made it worth my while for an extended period now. Given the realities of costs we all have now, it shouldn't be a given that you must hand over the cash or shut up and not complain.

Edited by AUcal

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

We've won a third of our home games in the past 5 seasons. For a large majority of that time we have played some truly eye bleeding football. 

We all support the club and in an ideal world we would all be financially comfortable enough to be able to hand over £300 quid regardless of our feelings of performances - but that's just not the case.

Folk have other priorities and can absolutely be forgiven for going.. you know what, they've not really made it worth my while for an extended period now. Given the realities of costs we all have now, it shouldn't be a given that you must hand over the cash or shut up and not complain.

This.

Management etc always talk about the ‘product on the park’, ours has been dross for too long and the club has made the same mistakes consistently.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m not fussed as long as they fill Somerset and we make a ton of cash out it 

f**k that. Sick of clubs bending over backwards for the Old Firm cash. f**k them.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

f**k that. Sick of clubs bending over backwards for the Old Firm cash. f**k them.

Got to agree with this. One good part about supporting Ayr is we are free from the scum of the OF. Can't say I'm buzzing to hear IRA songs at Somerset. I'd gladly fire both clubs into some transatlantic league to rid Scotland of their bile. Having them being the team to open the new stand is a bit of a sickness