The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Seasons over and Ayr fans are following the Kaiserslautern results in a desperate attempt to get one over Kilmarnock.

ย 

Sad to see.

What are you talking about? My granny is from Leverkusen.ย 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Seasons over and Ayr fans are following the Kaiserslautern results in a desperate attempt to get one over Kilmarnock.

ย 

Sad to see.

Desperate doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

I really am delighted with the two options up front, they will be a nightmare for defences next season. I know it means we will likely be more direct which doesnt bother me so long as we have the personnel to do so, which we now have.ย 
ย 

Midfield is a worry for me as it stands Dempsey away and Murdoch returning from an acl means we are incredibly short there. Hopefully brown has his targets and they are close before sanctioning the move for Dempseyย 

Dempsey would probably be similar to Crawford in the aspect of you wouldn't realise how big a player he is until we lose him.

Does a lot of stuff off the ball which probably doesn't get noticed as much, season was disrupted badly by injuries.

FGR would need to pay a transfer fee as he still has a year on his deal

Unless it's Dempsey who wants to go back south, or it's an offer that would allow the club to pursue a couple of other key targets, I'd be a bit disappointed if Dempsey left.

Injuries last season didn't help and I would like to see how he developed playing under Brown.ย 

McGinty not being here seems to be almost inevitable after Brown's comments after the last game of the season.ย  I understand that there are better CBs out there and maybe his style doesn't suit what Brown wants to play next year but it's a shame if that's how his exit is.ย 

31 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Dempsey would probably be similar to Crawford in the aspect of you wouldn't realise how big a player he is until we lose him.

Does a lot of stuff off the ball which probably doesn't get noticed as much, season was disrupted badly by injuries.

FGR would need to pay a transfer fee as he still has a year on his deal

Would be delighted if we can get a transfer fee for him. I've never been a fan and didn't think he done enough and always played the way he was facing.

A lot of that's probably down to the previous managers he's been under being utterly clueless though.ย 

If we could get a midfielder in that can control a game and make the team tick that would be great. He's should be easy enough to improve upon ๐Ÿ‘€.

Now the championship is set, I would imagine everything starts clicking into place within the next few weeks and dare I say it... we could be set and gelled pretty early on this pre seaon ๐Ÿคž Do we think Celtic will be our first pre season game or do we expect at least a bounce game before the 5th July?

2 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

If we could get a midfielder in that can control a game and make the team tick that would be great. He's should be easy enough to improve upon ๐Ÿ‘€.

We could offer Forest Green a cheeky straight swap for Kyle McAllister.Wont happen but just ask anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Doesnโ€™t make sense that we would just release Dempsey. ย Would be quite surprised though if a League 2 side have offered us money for him either right enough. ย 

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Sorry lads, turns out it was Tamworth legend Arlott-John Dempsey that Forest Green are after. Carry on.ย 

Your credibility may never recover.

6 hours ago, super_carson said:

Unless it's Dempsey who wants to go back south, or it's an offer that would allow the club to pursue a couple of other key targets, I'd be a bit disappointed if Dempsey left.

Injuries last season didn't help and I would like to see how he developed playing under Brown.ย 

McGinty not being here seems to be almost inevitable after Brown's comments after the last game of the season.ย  I understand that there are better CBs out there and maybe his style doesn't suit what Brown wants to play next year but it's a shame if that's how his exit is.ย 

McGintyโ€™s presence in our league indicates the level of Chanpionship football in Scotland.

McGinty looked hopeless when he first joined but has turned into a good defender and servant for the club.ย 

If this is how it ends, then farewell Hoofman. I am gutted that we will never get to see you hoof the ball over the new stand.

IMG-20231219-WA0001.jpg.b0d14a50925e9f6b915351f45bad715c.jpg

59 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bit nauseous after watch that tbh

I thought he was coming across really well until he said something along the lines of hoping Celtic fans take over Ayr on 5th July. I completely get itโ€™s Celtic TV so he has to appease to the audience but it did make me feel a bit sick in the mouth ๐Ÿ˜‚