The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

We 100% wouldn’t do it in a competitive game. I do remember a Scottish Cup game v Rangers years ago when we were in the Railway end. Lost 1-0 think De Boer maybe scored. The game where Amorouso planted a free kick on the Whitletts roundabout. 

Rings a bell, Arteta limped off early on after turning his ankle up next to wher e the disabled enclosure is?

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It is the world Ayr are in. Potentially £150,000 for an Ayr team that will barely have a new face in it, playing a Celtic reserve team.

Paint on a smile and count the cash. The real stuff starts a couple of weeks later and the money made from this game could make that a whole lot better. 

Struggling to see how we’ll possibly make 150k from the match.  For one thing, Celtic will probably take at least half the gate money - they don’t play friendlies for nothing .  

Just now, Nelson said:

Struggling to see how we’ll possibly make 150k from the match.  For one thing, Celtic will probably take at least half the gate money - they don’t play friendlies for nothing .  

A very minimal fee I believe 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

IMG_3684.png.eedfa8921e5689da1ba64ed10cab1bd6.png

Very close to Mason Boyne 

well aye, and the Lodge in Ayr was called the Carson Star iirc

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

The base level is paying the insurance costs I believe. 

38 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

I happened to meet Stewart Kean in early April but did not recognise him.  Mentioned to him I was going to the Ayr game that night and he said who he was.  He still plays at Hurlford nowadays.

Is he back at Hulford? I went to a few Girvan games near November and he playing for them 😂

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

We 100% wouldn’t do it in a competitive game. I do remember a Scottish Cup game v Rangers years ago when we were in the Railway end. Lost 1-0 think De Boer maybe scored. The game where Amorouso planted a free kick on the Whitletts roundabout. 

We also did it against Celtic a few years earlier 

41 minutes ago, Nelson said:

They're very clearly doing this as a favour to Brown so I very much doubt we are paying their usual appearance fee for a friendly.  It'll be a negligible contribution.  

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They're very clearly doing this as a favour to Brown so I very much doubt we are paying their usual appearance fee for a friendly.  It'll be a negligible contribution.  

This, clearly the link with Brown and Celtic/Rodgers is helping let's be honest if it was still BGM in charge we would be playing Sheffield Wednesdays under 15s with lucky if 2k were there, let  Smith have his day in the sun opening the new stand Infront of an packed house and loads of press even if they are there for Celtic and not us.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

I genuinely couldn't care less who plays for Celtic on the day or what sort of team we have put together by that point (obviously I'm hoping we have lots of new signings in by then). That lot have bought lots and lots of tickets and we'll be laughing all the way to the bank. 

f**k it, arrange a friendly against Rangers v2 for the week after and charge that lot £20 a pop as well.

Ffs don’t you lot understand that you have to pay these mobs a rather large match fee just to turn up at your pit. They don’t do charity work.

Just now, Branch Ton said:

Ffs don’t you lot understand that you have to pay these mobs a rather large match fee just to turn up at your pit. They don’t do charity work.

They do for club legends who didn't get a proper send off because of COVID, no one is saying they are doing it for free but I'm sure Brown has pulled in a few favours 

6 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

We are given them the equivalent of Oakley monthly wage of which they are overwhelmed by the amount 

I can't imagine any situation where I'd be angry enough about something football related to find myself on the thread of another club getting worked up about how much they may or may not make from a friendly.    

I'd actually be very surprised if I even knew if anyone else in our league was even playing one of the OF in a friendly come to think of it

Do we have to pay Council Tax to Inverclyde now we appear to be living rent free in several heads up there?

39 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

eric andre mind blown GIF by The Eric Andre Show