The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

He also couldn't play 26 of them without being substituted on/off. 

He’s 34 and plays in a position that demands a fair bit of sprinting. I’m sure he’ll still be able to start in a good number of games. 

He’s not by any stretch of the imagination, injury prone. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Still doesn't justify 4 left wingers.  

I did also see someone saying we needed a 6th striker somewhere above.  

Lads have gone power mad. 

We've got Murphy and Henderson. Outwith that, we've got both Bryden and McKenzie and both of them are more suited as strikers Imo.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s 34 and plays in a position that demands a fair bit of sprinting. I’m sure he’ll still be able to start in a good number of games. 

He’s not by any stretch of the imagination, injury prone. 

He'll be 35 come september. I'm sure he will play a good number of games and will obviously be a good asset but we're asking a lot for him to play all season when you consider McKenzie is his backup.

12 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We've got Murphy and Henderson. Outwith that, we've got both Bryden and McKenzie and both of them are more suited as strikers Imo.

I am struggling with the presumed formation here. 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Still doesn't justify 4 left wingers.  

I did also see someone saying we needed a 6th striker somewhere above.  

Lads have gone power mad. 

Thats because we only have 2 strikers likely to score and I would rather have someone able to come off the bench and offer a threat if we are chasing a game than another winger, at the moment our 3rd and 4th choice "strikers" are as much use on the wing as they are up top.

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Thats because we only have 2 strikers likely to score and I would rather have someone able to come off the bench and offer a threat if we are chasing a game than another winger, at the moment our 3rd and 4th choice "strikers" are as much use on the wing as they are up top.

I agree with your point overall btw

28 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Rus? 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rus? 

Tomlinson as well.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Possibly but I thought he was predominantly a central midfielder? If he can play outwide then it gives us another option, I guess.

Says online a left winger who can play om the right as well.  I think it may have been him who said he can also play centrally as well.

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Possibly but I thought he was predominantly a central midfielder? If he can play outwide then it gives us another option, I guess.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Tomlinson as well.

Says online a left winger who can play om the right as well.  I think it may have been him who said he can also play centrally as well.

Yeah he’s a winger who can also play as a 10 I believe. 

I’m sure Murphy will have a role to play, but Brown has said on more than one occasion that he wanted to get much more pace into the team.  Hard to argue with that, but it’s one thing that Murphy doesn’t really offer.  Really not sure how we accommodate Rus, Henderson and Murphy, but it’s a nice problem to have I guess.

Murphy might not be quick out of the 3 physically but he’s probably got the sharpest mind out of them, also he is our main set piece taker as said thou it’s a good problem to have

With all these new players coming in, we will need to get a few new songs on the go 🎶🎶🎶

I’ll kick off with…

Ole Ole….. Ole Ole….. Ole Ole….. Ole Ole

Marco Rus Rus Rus

Marco Rus Rus Rus

36 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

With all these new players coming in, we will need to get a few new songs on the go 🎶🎶🎶

I’ll kick off with…

Ole Ole….. Ole Ole….. Ole Ole….. Ole Ole

Marco Rus Rus Rus

Marco Rus Rus Rus

This is brilliant...wonder who'll be first to introduce it in Scotland...   https://www.facebook.com/share/r/rZAx5FP2EKRA4P6W/