The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Saturyay please and thanks 

Can't see that happening when the open day is on.

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Maybe before it? Did we not do that a few years ago? 

Two of the new boys appeared last year at the open day, though my boy has got bored by that point and we went down the beach

12 minutes ago, United1973 said:

I wouldn't be getting to excited about signings . Likely we have have spent most of budget . 

I think if we get Hamilton and Hastie that’ll be us done barring a loan after the league cup games. 

They’ll still be paid in line with our wage structure and I don’t see them joining for buttons. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think if we get Hamilton and Hastie that’ll be us done barring a loan after the league cup games. 

They’ll still be paid in line with our wage structure and I don’t see them joining for buttons. 

Fair point . Would love a rb in though 

Just looking at our depth and with those two signings looking possible it would leave us with,

Goalkeeper

Harry Stone

Robbie Mutch

Right Back

Dylan Watret

Nick McAllister

Right Centre Back

George Stanger

Jamie Hamilton

Left Centre Back

Frankie Musonda

Left Back

Scott McMann

Paddy Reading

Right Wing

Jay Henderson 

Ethan Walker

Centre Midfielder

Marco Rus

Roy Syla

Centre Midfielder 

Ben Dempsey

Andy Murdoch

Left Wing

Jamie Murphy

Jake Hastie

Striker 

Anton Dowds

Mark McKenzie

Striker

George Oakley

Fraser Bryden

Defence maybe looks light on bodies but with the exception of Reading and Watret, everyone else there can technically play in two defensive positions so it’s not too much of a worry. We could go and sign a right back after the league cup games and then loan Watret out but I wouldn’t be shocked now if Brown ended up using him a fair bit this season. 

Similarly up front there’s always the chance we loan out Guthrie and McRoberts and bring in an extra body before the league starts. Apart from that, Brown has done what he said he would and has two players for every position. Whilst there’s a few players in there that aren’t tested at this level, I think we should be fairly confident of pushing for the playoffs. 

I really can’t see us going with Nick McAllister and an academy graduate who was on-loan at East Stirling as our only right backs.

Think we’ll definitely see a RB or another CB on top of Hamilton come in.

McMann effectively replaces McGinty but we haven’t really replaced Sanders.

Just now, Hazbart said:

I really can’t see us going with Nick McAllister and an academy graduate who was on-loan at East Stirling as our only right backs.

Think we’ll definitely see a RB or another CB on top of Hamilton come in.

McMann effectively replaces McGinty but we haven’t really replaced Sanders.

Hamilton would replace Sanders, no? 

If he signs that is.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just looking at our depth and with those two signings looking possible it would leave us with,

Goalkeeper

Harry Stone

Robbie Mutch

Right Back

Dylan Watret

Nick McAllister

Right Centre Back

George Stanger

Jamie Hamilton

Left Centre Back

Frankie Musonda

Left Back

Scott McMann

Paddy Reading

Right Wing

Jay Henderson 

Ethan Walker

Centre Midfielder

Marco Rus

Roy Syla

Centre Midfielder 

Ben Dempsey

Andy Murdoch

Left Wing

Jamie Murphy

Jake Hastie

Striker 

Anton Dowds

Mark McKenzie

Striker

George Oakley

Fraser Bryden

Defence maybe looks light on bodies but with the exception of Reading and Watret, everyone else there can technically play in two defensive positions so it’s not too much of a worry. We could go and sign a right back after the league cup games and then loan Watret out but I wouldn’t be shocked now if Brown ended up using him a fair bit this season. 

Similarly up front there’s always the chance we loan out Guthrie and McRoberts and bring in an extra body before the league starts. Apart from that, Brown has done what he said he would and has two players for every position. Whilst there’s a few players in there that aren’t tested at this level, I think we should be fairly confident of pushing for the playoffs. 

GK- Stone

RB- Hamilton

CB- Stanger

CB- Musonda

LB- McMann

RW- Henderson

CM- Dempsey 

CM- Rus

LW- Murphy

ST- Oakley

ST- Dowds 

Subs- Mutch, Reading, McAllister, Syla, Murdoch, Walker, Hastie, Bryden, McKenzie

This on paper looks like a decent team. You’d imagine Raith and Thistle will start off as favourites but no reason why we can’t challenge. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hamilton would replace Sanders, no? 

If he signs that is.

Potentially, but think that still leaves us short. Especially with his injury problems, musonda’s injury/international commitments not to mention Paddy’s been out for 6 months and McAllister and Stanger both spent some time out last year.

14 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Potentially, but think that still leaves us short. Especially with his injury problems, musonda’s injury/international commitments not to mention Paddy’s been out for 6 months and McAllister and Stanger both spent some time out last year.

Fair point. 

Although if Hamilton has done what he was advised to in terms of recovery and we don’t push him too far straight away then I don’t see why it should be an issue. Same should go for Reading.

We might well sign someone else in there but I think it’ll come after the league cup once Brown has seen everyone in competitive games.